Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange post on the forum

Mick F

The BOTB post is sponsored advertising that we are trialling for a short period to see how it pans out.
Steve thought it would be a good idea to inject something light and cheery into the forums and with the possibility to win something (just like the lottery which we would all like to win) it may raise spirits during these tough times.

• Like 1

Hoping to win a Harley Davidson that I entered into the competition to win....fingers crossed!

• Like 1

Well, I don't like it.

When I click on Mark Site Read, all the posts show that I've read them ............. except the advert.  That's what it is, a commercial advert.

It's (authorised by Admin) Spam and the sooner it is removed, the better.  All Spam should be removed asap.

Mick.

16 minutes ago, Mick F said:

It's (authorised by Admin) Spam and the sooner it is removed, the better.  All Spam should be removed asap.

As per the earlier post, it is sponsored advertising that the site owners are trialling for a period - it isn't spam. 

It is common for websites to use advertising as a means of funding (exactly the same as television companies, magazines, newspapers, etc), and if the Club didn't use advertising, the Club wouldn't exist.

11 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

..................... the Club wouldn't exist.

Ok, I see what you mean - though I don't agree in the slightest  - but why does the advert need to be across every single message board?

There are adverts when people access this forum, but if you're a member and log in, the adverts go.  Same as most fora IME.  That's how they are paid to exist.

This one is different in at least three ways.  One, it remains as un-read even if you have read the message.  Two, the poster isn't a member of the forum. Three, it's blatant sponsored advertising.

If you see my logo, you'll see it on the Cycling UK forum where I'm a very long-standing member.  I have been a member since 2004 even before this present incarnation of the forum.  I have (at this count today) 50,776 posts.  I am a Spambuster and part of the forum management team.  You don't have to be a member of Cycling UK to use the forum, and I would suggest that many of the users aren't members nor have ever been.

https://forum.cyclinguk.org/index.php

The sooner this blatant sponsored spam is removed, the happier we will be.

Mick.

Neither the arrangements Cycling UK has for dealing with spam or your membership of Cycling UK isn't relevant to Toyota Owners Club.

The site owners of Toyota Owners Club have decided to trial this type of advertising and whether or not they continue with this after the trial is for them to decide.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links