Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My T-sport Today

Jacko

Hi, got my new corolla t-sport today, and am well impressed. Forgive my lack of knowledge (as it is a company car), but when can I start to reap the benefits of using the lift. I read that I should wait until I have about 1-2k on the clock before reving up to 5-6k. Hope you can help. Great site. :unsure:

Well....

If it's a company car I am guessing you are only going to be keeping the car between 12-36 months or 100k depending on which company car plan your company use so...

If I was in your shoes I would start using it now :) :) :)

If it was a car you were going to keep I would personally give it 5k although loads of people argue differently as with new cars the argument is it doesnt need that long due to advancements in modern technology...

Hi Jacko

welcome to the club mate, great choice of car, I gave mine 1000 miles as per the hand book, the all hell borke out, now its rarely outta the lift lol, oh and you should know that Rhaines is renowned for totalling his cars with regularity and ease, so may be not the best place to take all your advice from :P :D ;) :lol:

enjoy the car I do every day

Hi jacko welcome to the club mate!!! Great car you have got there mate. If i was you i would do as what jake say's as you have got to live with the car. I'm a believer of if you treat the car with care in the early months. Latter on the car will reward you with great reliability.

I ran my car in till i done 1000 miles then i gave it more revs. You being a company car driver you will soon have the miles on in no time. The choose is yours mate.

jerry!!

Hi,

I gave mine 1200 miles at between 2000-4000 revs. Even at 2000 miles, though, it still

hadn't fully loosened up. Feels better now at about 3500 miles.

I wonder if some of the 0-60 test figures have been done on new engines, because I

found mine a bit tight to begin with. Coasts much better now at 1500 revs and spins

up nicely on full throttle. :D

You're doing well with your company. Mine were thinking about offering me a battered

old Fiesta :(

Cheers

Paul.

Jake....

No fair, I have never totalled a MK2 and the last Mk1 I totalled was over 12 months ago now :D :D :D

This is all very useful info folks,as i will receive my new Corolla TS (Co.Car)

on Wed 9th April.Judging by the comments so far i think i'll give it a bit of a run-in

for the first 1-2K (Boring eh!).Keep the advice coming :wacko:

thanks folks . I have it for 36 months so I guess I'll go easy to start with. Just impatience. I had the old Corolla 1.6GS before, so you can understand that its all a bit new to me. I was presently surprised that they put it on the list given the power it has. Cheers :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links