Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2020 Yaris Lighter socket

Cyker

Does anyone know how to get at the back of the lighter socket in the new (2020-) Yaris?

In previous ones you could just pull the headunit out and/or reach round the back from the passenger footwell, but the Mk4 doesn't really have a headunit and I can't see a way of getting in via the passenger footwell as it's all blocked up...!

It does have a head unit its almost single din with a large screen and a cover on the back

The gear selector surround is 1 piece with the 12V Aux socket in it

RHD or LHD ?

https://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/33b18bde-3fa8-46d6-8121-9516e194cb6b/Yaris_Center_Console_PW281_0D00X_XX_AIM_004_993_3.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, thanks!!  That looks like it'll be very helpful!

I already figured out partly how to get it out from a YouTube video doing similar on a GR Yaris, but got stuck... Hopefully this will help me figure out what bit I was getting hung up on!

It's a RHD one, UK model. (The one that has a Map button but no satnav option 😄)

How do you find these things?! I was looking on toyota tech but couldn't find anything!

You search-fu is clearly strong! :)

Toyota tech's search can be hit-and-miss especially if it has not been categorized

• Thanks 1

Yessss it f'ing worked! 😄

It's so much !Removed! easier when you have instructions!

Luckily I've taken apart enough Yaris dashes to I know you can just happily yank on the trim pieces without worrying about breaking them, but just knowing which bits are together and which bits you have to take out first makes it sooo much easier!

Turns out the steps I missed was taking out the USB port/airbag indicator panel and the upper tray trim - It doesn't look like you need to take those out, but they foul some of the clips if not removed first.

Had a bit of a pants wetting moment when I had to put the gear shifter to N to get the panel out proper, as it blocks it in P, but then forgot to put it back in P before starting the car, which set off a whole load of scary warnings about the airbags, drive train, etc. having faults and GOTO DEALER IMMEDIATELY!!!111one, but after some initial panic because the car wouldn't let me turn it off, used my brain and slid the panel back in, put it back in P and then was able to turn the car off again.

Phew!

Seems no harm done as with everything put back in and connected up, I have power and everything seems to be back to normal...

Must admit, loving the new-style clips they're using rather than the friction-fit ones they used in the older Yarises - Just squeeze the release and slide out! So much easier in tight spaces than the wiggle-wiggle-swear-wiggle-wiggle removal method I had to use in the past!

Thanks so much flash! Hero of the hour! 👍

Now I'm going to have a cold shower and an ice cream... working on fiddly cramped bits of a Yaris isn't fun at the best of times but when the sun's turning the interior into a green house... yuck!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links