Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

0w-16 Engine Oil

Catlover

This morning I had a reminder from my Toyota dealer I am due for a service on Tuesday.  There was a list of what they were going to do, not had that before.  It included oil spec at 0w-16.  Not had this before.  I have a 2016 Prius Gen4, and always had 0w-20 before.  Any thoughts????

I also opted for a four wheel alignment check at £35…….. worth it?????

0W-16 is the preferred oil for the facelift Prius 2019>. Would have thought the oil for your 2016 model would remain at 0W-20.

That’s what I thought Mike. I will be asking questions before they start.

It's good to check the wheel alignment regularly, esp. if you drive through a pothole speed cushion hellscape regularly like I do!

The £35 feels a bit cheeky tho' given that you're having a service - That's just to check, then they'll probably charge you £90 to do the actual alignment!

The place I normally go to to get new tyres does the check for free as part of the tyre change, but charges for the alignment.

On a slight tangent, is it me or has the service schedule PDFs and costs on Toyota's site been taken down? I can't find them any more!

2 hours ago, Catlover said:

This morning I had a reminder from my Toyota dealer I am due for a service on Tuesday.  There was a list of what they were going to do, not had that before.  It included oil spec at 0w-16.  Not had this before.  I have a 2016 Prius Gen4, and always had 0w-20 before.  Any thoughts????

I also opted for a four wheel alignment check at £35…….. worth it?????

Hi, 4 wheel alignment is beneficial for your car as it has a independent suspension on all corners. For the oil 0w16 is ok for your car too because has the same engine as 2019-2020 models, just an upgraded oil for extra efficiency. The different in real world between 0w20, 0w16 and 0w8 may not be significant and these three types of oil applications might be within similar specs., but best to ask the service manager. 
Regards 👍

• Like 1

So, took my car to Mr Toyota this morning for Intermediate service, hybrid Battery health check, and the took hers for the hybrid Battery health check.

I asked the lady in the service desk about they saying in the text I got Sunday that the oil was going to be 0w-16 when previously it had been     0w-20. She said she would relay that to the service department.  When I went back to pick up I asked what oil went in and the invoice says 0w-16, they had checked and it was ok.  I happy if Mr T says it’s ok and there it is on the invoice.

Re the full 4 wheel alignment test. I was charge the £35, the invoice said “Full 4 wheel alignment check, inc 2 adjustments £3”. Net total was £29.17 plus the vat.                          
I got a sheet with 5 readings each side of vehicle, 3 front, 2 rear. Doesn’t say whether any adjustment needed/made.

Also got a quote for 3 year and a 5 year service plan. Figures used were for £190 intermediate and £340 full service prices plus MOT.  What is the advantage for me? I had it in my mind the prices would be fixed for the duration of the plan, but if I reading the printout correctly prices can go up during the period. Still it’s a monthly plan starting fresh after a service, so the figures I got today are bang up to date.

I do like the looks of the new 2021 Yaris hybrids, very nice, don’t know what model it was in the showroom.                            
Oh, and they had a Yaris GR, front discs are hugh, and the back ones pretty big too. Not my type of car but I appreciate the engineering.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links