Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recent deliveries and the MyT app

FiestaRed

22 minutes ago, FiestaRed said:

Thanks for the help Lee, really appreciated.
As the salesperson I placed the order with has gone on holiday, it is the dealership's GM that's being looking after my order. When you mention 'customer relations' do you mean at Toyota UK?

Yea Toyota UK Customer relations

• Like 1

Woohoo.

Got my chassis number today.

Can't see where to track it though, even on mytoyata website.

• Like 1

Thanks for that Guy. Can I ask when you placed your order for the car please?

Yep, we ordered it on 26th June from Listers Coventry.  It's a RAV4 Design with one option of obsidian blue so not a complex build.

I emailed them a couple of days ago asking, and then they emailed back today with it.

• Like 1

Thanks Guy. I just wish my dealership were as genuine as yours.

Although I ordered my Corolla on the 21st June, I've got a sneaky feeling after what Lee mentioned that they didn't order my car until the 1st of July. 

That wouldn't surprise me, they probably wanted the sale to go on the July figures.  I was pleased to get the VIN, it makes it real.

• Like 1

Speaking from experience from managing a sales department in a dealership, often when we ordered a new car, a chassis number wouldn't appear until it was put into production at the factory, longest we waited was a month for a chassis number to appear. Also ordering a car in a different month doesn't affect sales figures, the registration date does however.

• Like 1

Thank you Mikhail, really appreciate the reply.

I probably wouldn't have even bothered chasing the numbers up if the dealership had not told me I would have a chassis/VIN number the same day I placed the order. They told me this on three separate occasions and even showed my how to add the number into the MyT app on my phone..

full fuel tank Earnie,Now thats a first in my long long lifetime. Nearly empty is what I usually get.

Listers Cov have said mine will come with a full tank when I collect it.

Good News, I finally got my VIN number.

I entered it into the MyT app and the online app, what should I be looking out for next please? Will Toyota send notifications when the build starts?

• Like 1

I havent had any form of notification, although adding the VIN at least showed me an obsidian blue rav4 so that was good.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, loz8 said:

full fuel tank Earnie,Now thats a first in my long long lifetime. Nearly empty is what I usually get.

The car that is being returned is a new Vauxhall Astra ST and the dealership actually charged me £20 to put enough petrol in the tank so I could get it home. Hopefully I might do better with the Toyota dealership.

• 4 months later...
On 6/30/2021 at 6:46 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Sounds more like we have hit our quarterly target and will actually order your car tomorrow so it counts in quarter 3 instead 

Actually not

cos chassis number isn’t available till factory confirms build date

and ordering has to be done before a build date can be allocated

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links