Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mods for my E12

bwdmorgs

Hi, i’m looking to mod my 2003 1.6L VVTi corolla e12 but i can’t find anything i want. Does anyone have good recommendations for websites or places i can find mods? I’m looking for a new grille, coilovers, steering wheel, seats, induction kits but i can’t find very much.

Have a look at fensport, DC performance and the like (rimstyle for wheels)

If the steering wheel has an airbag, you can not fit a non airbag wheel as it's not road legal and invalidates your insurance as it's a safety device

Induction and exhaust are pointless without a remap

Don't bother with coilovers for road use, 25-45 mm drop on Koni, Bilstiens, Eibach or H&R with uprated shocks

From experience if you want a car to go fast, get it to handle and stop first, decent tires make a world of difference

iirc they stopped making the aftermarket grilles for these 10+ years ago

• Thanks 1

You could also look for a Corolla T sport that is breaking for parts. 

Some T sports had leather seats fitted as an option. Steering wheel and grille from the T sport would work for you too. 

23 hours ago, flash22 said:

If the steering wheel has an airbag, you can not fit a non airbag wheel as it's not road legal and invalidates your insurance as it's a safety device

Don't bother with coilovers for road use, 25-45 mm drop on Koni, Bilstiens, Eibach or H&R with uprated shocks

From experience if you want a car to go fast, get it to handle and stop first, decent tires make a world of difference

i’m looking to use this car for the track, i’m not too worried about power my end goal is probably around 130-140, i just want to upgrade my handling as much as possible. I’ll probably invest in some nice tyres and brakes soon

23 hours ago, HS78 said:

You could also look for a Corolla T sport that is breaking for parts. 

Some T sports had leather seats fitted as an option. Steering wheel and grille from the T sport would work for you too. 

i’ve tried searching up Tsport mods instead of just the regular E12 ones assuming they would also fit mine?

Tein basics coilovers at around £670, Bilstein's around £1500, H&R from around £1k (29283-1)

Spax ??

Arb - whiteline ?

• 2 years later...
On 6/26/2021 at 12:34 PM, flash22 said:

the car is now running 140bhp on the dyno with a full induction kit and fuel injectors, 1zz intake manifold and throttle body. Ignore the mismatched colours

at the moment it’s on vogtland sport 45mm lowering springs with top camber plates i found and poly bushes in the lower arms, i’ve put accelera phi r on it they give decent grip

didn’t want to do much with the exhaust so just left it at a backbox and resonator delete not too loud sounds mint

it also now has a nice aftermarket steering wheel 

did put some underglow on it but not sure what i think  

IMG_4013.thumb.jpeg.afb058c8b20cad36ef3842ec06b90c30.jpegIMG_4016.thumb.jpeg.97e4352a4180fda4b2984dd8298d6817.jpegIMG_4011.thumb.png.5403b5b3a31f22fdda6221922aac290c.png

IMG_4010.thumb.png.c285d1394ae12f9074e7cec172f2c3de.png

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links