Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Flat Tyre

Rocks703

Finished work the other day only to find I had a flat tyre. I could see the nail in-bedded 😞  As I have the panoramic roof, I don't have a spare so I had to use the tyre repair kit.

It worked very well and I was back driving again in 25mins. Drove to a near by tyre garage and they could repair the tyre. The repair liquid washed out very easily.

So if you don't have a spare and only the repair kit I can vouch it works 🙂  

• Like 1

Pleased it worked out for you.  I’ve not used the junk to fix a tyre but know a few people who have it seems to be the case that’s I bit hit and miss as to whether the tyre can be repaired and the junk washed out.  Maybe more to do with the ability or desire of the tyre dealer to do the job?

The only things that should cause the gunk to fail is if the tyre damage is beyond the capabilities of the product or it’s out of date. As it’s a water based product, I would take quite a lot for it not to wash out.

Be nice to your tyre fitter and let them know it has tyre gunk in it - they aren’t keen on getting covered in it.

6 hours ago, Rocks703 said:

Finished work the other day only to find I had a flat tyre. I could see the nail in-bedded 😞  As I have the panoramic roof, I don't have a spare so I had to use the tyre repair kit.

It worked very well and I was back driving again in 25mins. Drove to a near by tyre garage and they could repair the tyre. The repair liquid washed out very easily.

Did you remove the nail? Or 'gunk' it with the nail in place? ... just trying to establish "best practice" in the event the same should happen to me! 

17 hours ago, Rocks703 said:

I may work sometimes, but my experience is such that I still won't remotely consider a car without at least a space saver, or preferably a 'proper' spare wheel.  It's a major reason I never went to an EV or PHEV.

Here are some reasons:  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links