Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windows "loose" . There is a large play on the windows, is this normal?

Armand Bosch

Good day, 

Bought a brand new Urban curser, top of the range 1.5 XR Auto , that now have 300km on the clock. The windows  are "loose" .   There is a large play on all 4 the windows, is this normal? 

As you are in South Africa, the Urban Cruiser sold there is a rebadged Suzuki Vitara. Europe doesn't have this model, and last Urban Cruiser that was sold in Europe ceased to be imported in 2013.

Be best to get in touch with your dealer or Toyota South Africa.

• Thanks 1

The new UC is a Suzuki/Maruti Vitara Brezza

Are you in India or ZA ?

India build quality/quality control isn't great

what do you mean by "loose" do they move up and down by their self ? Do they rock/tilt when in use ?  or are they loose in their runners ?

14 hours ago, flash22 said:

The new UC is a Suzuki/Maruti Vitara Brezza

Are you in India or ZA ?

India build quality/quality control isn't great

what do you mean by "loose" do they move up and down by their self ? Do they rock/tilt when in use ?  or are they loose in their runners ?

Good day, 

Yes its the exact copy of the Suzuki Brezza, I am in South- Africa.   The window has a 'play" on it.  Also as you described, its loose in their runners.   The workshop manager at Toyota said that its just a bad quality vehicle and that the vehicle was build in India, there is nothing they can do about it. 

Please see video's below;

14 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As you are in South Africa, the Urban Cruiser sold there is a rebadged Suzuki Vitara. Europe doesn't have this model, and last Urban Cruiser that was sold in Europe ceased to be imported in 2013.

Be best to get in touch with your dealer or Toyota South Africa.

I took it to Toyota,   The workshop manager at Toyota said that its just a bad quality vehicle and that the vehicle was build in India, there is nothing they can do about it. 

I will ask Toyota SA if this is normal on their vehicles.  thanks! 

From the video, when you closed the window, are you saying the window dropped by itself those few inches before you powered it down?

I would not be asking is this normal, they may say yes.  I would be saying this is unacceptable and I require it to be fixed.

• Like 1

Reading again what the dealer said.  You have been to a bad dealer.  A good dealer would listen to customers who spent a lot of money with them.  Any customer complaint should be handled sympathetically and dealt with.  A good dealer would then send feedback through to Toyota South Africa so they can send feedback to the factory so they can improve their build quality.

• Like 1

Thank you kindly for your feedback,

I appreciate your input, I will contact the dealer principal and see what he says. I fully agree with you, the response I got from the dealer  was not the  correct way to handle the situation.  its disappointing that they did not even try to help. 

• Like 1

That is way out of adjustment or the window regulator is faulty

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Toyota said they cant adjust the windows and this is the way is should be. 

I also noticed that the vehicle has very loud wind noise, but they seem unable to tell where its coming from.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links