Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Key fob doesn't unlock doors

Jazzajon

I replaced the key fob Battery on my Toyota Yaris 1.5 VVT-h Icon E-CVT 5dr.  I can now start the car with it as long as I put the fob close to the ignition/start button but I cant lock the car with it.  The key fob Battery is in correctly and the Battery is a Duracell 2032 so I'm sure its not the issue.  Do I have to reprogram or match the key to the car somehow?  Ive tried various Google searches but get different solutions. Any advice would be really gratefully received.  Many thanks Jon

Did you put the Battery in the fob correctly ? Some batteries have a film you need to peel off the bottom of them. I can't remember if Duracell do this to make them childproof

• Like 1

^^ You're absolutely right about Duracell lithium cells, the amount of times folk try to install key fob batteries with the film still attached.... 😀

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links