Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Are the paddles missing from the UK RAV4 PHEV?

Nick72

I don't think the wading depth is big enough to warrant paddles. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I presume the paddles do the same as the S+/- on the lever? Does anyone use these often? I had paddles on my last car and didn't use them once. Other than catching them with my knee occasionally and not being able to work out how to get back to Auto while going in to neutral and back on the selection knob.

• Like 1

The MyT app does have a heated windscreen function and however it does it, it does work. I set it off yesterday with the screen covered in ice and watched the screen clear from a central area up and out to the screen edges, works very effectively.  I’ve assumed that there is a resistive/ceramic heater under the desk/hood that is used for the function. If your select screen heating when you’re in the car the ICE will fire regardless of the SOC of the traction Battery.

16 minutes ago, nlee said:

I presume the paddles do the same as the S+/- on the lever? Does anyone use these often? I had paddles on my last car and didn't use them once. Other than catching them with my knee occasionally and not being able to work out how to get back to Auto while going in to neutral and back on the selection knob.

I switched from DSG and they were useful from time to time as DSG tends to be slow when downshifting, but can't see any use for them in eCVT to be honest.

My RAV4 Excel HEV has a heated steering wheel which I find much more useful than I expected. It also has a heated windscreen - but just where the wipers rest . I can imagine that this would be useful in very cold conditions to help free them from the ice formed on the screen, but this is of limited use and agree that a complete heated screen would be much better. 

19 minutes ago, ColinB said:

My RAV4 Excel HEV has a heated steering wheel which I find much more useful than I expected. It also has a heated windscreen - but just where the wipers rest . I can imagine that this would be useful in very cold conditions to help free them from the ice formed on the screen, but this is of limited use and agree that a complete heated screen would be much better. 

The Excel is nicely equipped. Whether all the toys are necessary I can't say but I wouldn't want to be without them now that I have them. It's a shame that we don't have the option of a PHEV Excel (but that's life).

My 2013 4.4 was equipped with 'paddles' - I never really found any use for them, and, now that I don't have them, I don't miss not using them at all (if you see what I mean).

1 hour ago, ColinB said:

One of the quirks of Toyota UK specifications. The PHEV Dynamic Premium is a bit of a strange beast insofar as it mixes elements of Dynsmic and Excel HEV spec with odd omissions. 

8 hours ago, nlee said:

I don't think the wading depth is big enough to warrant paddles. Sorry, couldn't resist.

I use the override when going down steeper hills, otherwise the selector just stays in the normal drive position. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links