Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Towbar for Toyota Estima Aries G edition V6

Tony W61

Hi, I am trying to get a towbar fitted to our car ,it is a 2007 Estima description above. I have tried around the Wigan area but no luck, has anyone got any information that may help, please thanks Tony. 

Hi Tony..welcome.

Suggest you try Darren @ RD Auto Electrics....07774600119..the company is based in Derby but I think they come to you to fit.

I know that peeps on the Facebook Estima Club have used him and I did once consider putting a towbar on my MkII V6 Estima Aeras G edition...but didn't bother in the end...which is why I have the information.

IIRC Watling-towbars in St. Albans can supply the required towbar but it will require cutting into the bumper on the Aeras.

Hope that helps.

Moved to the Estima club.

21 minutes ago, Tony W61 said:

Hi Darren , thanks I will give them a ring 

Lol...No, it's Neil...Darren is the one you are supposed to be ringing.

• 11 months later...

A post about my experience with Watling Engineering (Towbar). The bar was 12mm too narrow to allow the chassis mounts to locate nicely. the mountings were all 15mm too far to the left to mount nicely into the correct places. The towball Mounting plate was welded on crooked.  In short not at all good. reported this but not yet had a conversation with them as they phone back at odd times.

Neadless to say I have cut their horizontal cross bar in two, added additional spacers to correct the width issue and set about making mine a removable towbar, something Watling said could not be done, watch and learn Watling, what a real engineer can achieve!

May post a picture later if anyone is interested?

11 hours ago, JohnGW said:

May post a picture later if anyone is interested?

Yes, please. I'm also watching this space with interest.

• 8 months later...

I know its been a while but been busy with more important stuff according to the management.

Re engineered the awful Watling towbar that fitted where it touched and it only just touched in several places. Now have a removable towbar so no shin grazing when not in use.

20230523_124403_HDR.jpg

20230523_133427_HDR.jpg

20230523_133610_HDR.jpg

20230523_133459_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links