Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dash Rattle Anybody

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi Guys,

T27 2.0 diesel not that I think that makes any difference,

But does anyone else have an annoying rattle sound, passenger side, front dashboard, for the hell of me I don't know where its coming from, a possibility could be the dash speaker grill or side pillar trim.

Wanted to know if anyone else has noticed such an issue?

Sammy

16 minutes ago, SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS said:

Hi Guys,

T27 2.0 diesel not that I think that makes any difference,

But does anyone else have an annoying rattle sound, passenger side, front dashboard, for the hell of me I don't know where its coming from, a possibility could be the dash speaker grill or side pillar trim.

Wanted to know if anyone else has noticed such an issue?

Sammy

Hi Sam, that’s one of the most difficult questions to give an answer to 🤔. Sometimes it’s the glove compartment or something rattling around inside it, sometimes it’s the buckle of the passenger seat belt rattling against the B pillar. It could be something in the door pocket. Without being actually present in the car it’s almost impossible, even when present it can be difficult to trace a rattle 😡.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bernard Foy said:

Hi Sam, that’s one of the most difficult questions to give an answer to 🤔. Sometimes it’s the glove compartment or something rattling around inside it, sometimes it’s the buckle of the passenger seat belt rattling against the B pillar. It could be something in the door pocket. Without being actually present in the car it’s almost impossible, even when present it can be difficult to trace a rattle 😡.

I agree, absolutely, but this is with an empty glove box and absolutely nothing inside the car, it's a rattle hidden inside the dash, and not very deep, but as you state...its a minefield of the unknown.

Ask someone to sit to the passenger seat and press alternately every single thing (air vent, speaker grills etc.) on dashboard wich could make that rattle. This is how I found my rattling air vent on dash. Oh, and those interior rattle sounds can be little tricky that You think You know 100% sure wich area rattle comes from and after all because a sound reflection it can be whole different place.

It is easy to check if You think that the problem is under speaker grill on dash, all You need is a credit card (or similar, there is a risk to break credit card) avensis-t27-28.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe your car's got a screw loose! *badum tissss*

Okay okay I'm going...!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links