Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris swop

Lee_johnson1975

Hi everyone hope youre well, recently have been looking at shopping my auris for a 1.8 petrol avensis T4 I have seen, want a slightly bigger car being a big guy. Apart from good service history anything in particular I should look out for?

wouldn't this have been better in the Avensis forum? You may also wan to say whether you are looking at a T25 or T27 & which year.

If you look  you will find this/similar question has been asked before.

Moved to the Avensis club.

• Like 1

If you are looking at an early T27, there seems to be a known issue for some Valvematic engines built 2010/11 having Valvematic controller issues. This has also happened to Auris with the Valvematic. I have one of the earliest T27 1.8 tourer, and it is running well. Had the clutch replaced 4 years back, The EPB (parking brake) works fine, but had issues caused by other faults, but not the EPB unit itself! The early cars have cracks on the front doors, in the door strap area. If caught early and within warranty, replacement doors. It is easily missed, so other measures taken are larger washers or welding in worse cases. The driving experience depends on the induvial. I know the engine and it fine when driven at normal traffic speeds. You will need to rev it to get the extra power, especially laden, but once above 3,000 rpm the engine is lively. The gearing is a bit high from 4 to 6, so at fast road speeds, you need to drop a gear or two to over take. On the other hand, I tend to shift up early and use low revs most of the time, changing up early or just as the gear change indicators appears. I cannot speak for the CVTauto version.
You need to test drive the car for yourself.
Servicing for me as a DIYer is very easy, but you need to get the oil filter tool (cheap on Ebay). I use the preferred oil grade of 0w20. 
Read my posts to see my experience, since I own my car from 2015. The hard bit is moving on to another car.   

• Like 1

Sorry for the time to respond been bit hectic, started new job! I believe it's the T25 2005 55 plate in saloon form T4 spec with 1.8 petrol engine. There's nothing wrong with my e15 auris served me well, just find the boot a bit small and hard to get comfy for a 6.3" bloke. The car I've seen is £1700 with 77k on nice grey same as my auris. Was looking at honda civic as well 1.8 petrol year younger

it's a 16 year old car so check for condition especially rear suspension & brake pipes & that everything works.

Presumably not a facelift? Check to see if it had the remedial work for possible oil burning.

This engine had high oil consumption didn't it? It's got 9 stamps, it's the old question isn't it sh** or bust

Some did which is why I said check to see if it had the remedial work. Iirc the change in production that supposedly resolved it was Summer 2005 so can you check actual production (not registration) date?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links