Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

extending hinge

steve_lj

Hiya - can anyone tell me if the rear door extending hinge that fits a 2005 4.2 will fit a 2007 4.3 model ??

Am picking up a 4.3 next week and have the hinge on my current 4.2 so if it will fit i'll take it off and re-use it.

Thanks in advance !!!

Edited by steve_lj
extra info

Thanks for the info. 

Unfortunately no info on whether the check straps are same for 4.2 / 4.3 models.

Don't worry, someone will be along shortly to help further.

On re-reading it I found the following :-

""I replaced my 90deg strap with the original in my 4.2 before selling it in the hope that I could use it on my newer 4.3. However, it looks as though you can't remove the pin in the 4.3 as it appears burred over. I suppose this is why this version comes complete with the main body fixing. Has anyone modified one of these to fit or is it it a case of buying the 4.3 version?"""

So - thats my question answered !!! - Thanks.

Now - to source the new part. Have bought from japarts in the past but they dont seem to have them listed now.

Edited by steve_lj
spellcheck

My 09 4.3 opens fully and was no need to fit the extended strap like I had too on my 4.2 . Not sure if Toyota modified them .

18 minutes ago, Grumpy stumpy said:

My 09 4.3 opens fully and was no need to fit the extended strap like I had too on my 4.2 . Not sure if Toyota modified them .

My '09 SR180 opened fully too - but then it was shod with BSR run-flats and had no spare on the back door. At some point, Toyota shifted away from the spare on the back door in favour of run-flats or gunk removing the need for the restricted opening. (And by the 4.4 they switched to a vertically opening tailgate removing the 'problem' entirely.)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links