Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris mk1 maintenance schedule (auto gearbox)

Tarquinius

Hello

I wonder if anyone could offer some help and advice regarding regular maintenance of a  mk1 Yaris ?

I've recently taken on ownership of a 54 plate mk1 Yaris 1.33 T-Spirit Automatic 5d - which has been in the family since it was purchased brand new by my mum in 2005.  Its covered about 80k miles from new - mainly urban driving.      Its a remarkably great car for its age.

I'm wondering whether there are any specific regular regular maintenance tasks that need to be carried out   (in addition to all the usual service items).

Specifically, I'm wondering whether the automatic gearbox fluid should be changed - as I think this has never been done?   Is this a regular maintenance item?    (The car is the 4 speed torque convertor auto).

Many thanks in advance - I'd be grateful for any advice.

13 minutes ago, Tarquinius said:

Hello

I wonder if anyone could offer some help and advice regarding regular maintenance of a  mk1 Yaris ?

I've recently taken on ownership of a 54 plate mk1 Yaris 1.33 T-Spirit Automatic 5d - which has been in the family since it was purchased brand new by my mum in 2005.  Its covered about 80k miles from new - mainly urban driving.      Its a remarkably great car for its age.

I'm wondering whether there are any specific regular regular maintenance tasks that need to be carried out   (in addition to all the usual service items).

Specifically, I'm wondering whether the automatic gearbox fluid should be changed - as I think this has never been done?   Is this a regular maintenance item?    (The car is the 4 speed torque convertor auto).

Many thanks in advance - I'd be grateful for any advice.

Had the same auto box in our Mk` 1.3 cdx. Never missed a beat and I drove it to and from Spain twice.

Never had the box serviced and it was not a serviceable item.

• Like 1

the transmission fluid should generally be ok for around 100,000 miles if driven sensibly.  Check the colour and as long as its not chocolate brown you should be ok.  The thing with changing auto transmission fluid is a fair amount stays in the torque converter.  You can 'dilute' it by doing a drain, fill, drive, drain, fill procedure.

Dont know if the tranny has a filter tbh, worth checking.

Otherwise i would check the brakes, discs and brake hoses, front drop links, track rod ends and maybe rear top mounts.  Check the engine mounts by having an assistant running the engine, foot on the brake, put in gear and slightly lift off the clutch.  The engine shouldnt move too much.   If it does, check which side and you'll know which engine mount may be on its way out.

Give the throttle body a clean (pull the hose off and open the flap from outside and thoroughly clean both the butterfly and the body itself.  Finish off by spraying with carb cleaner.  Clean the MAF sensor (top of the air filter housing).  Give all the hoses a check and see if any are cracking or look like they're beginning to fail. Check cable harnesses for breaks in the insulation. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links