Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What do you love/hate about your Corolla Touring?

maurice28

43 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

"Complicated display menus and rubbish drivers handbook (index is useless)" 

They seem to assume that people expect a handbook but won't read it.  No mention of the online manual that is more than double the size.  Yes, index is useless, at least online you can search. 

By chance I found the emergency call button has its own battery which has a life of no more than 3 years. As Micheal Caine might say 'not a lot of people know that'. 

I'd have to use (and carry) my laptop in the car to be able to access the online manual though which is not ideal

• Sad 1

On 10/16/2021 at 12:09 PM, Bozz said:

I'd have to use (and carry) my laptop in the car to be able to access the online manual though which is not ideal

Download it to your phone.

The door ajar warning irks me. I'm in the habit of reversing with my head out of the door to help align the car with lines, kerbs etc and to see exactly where the back is, but the buzzer doesn't like me doing it even if I'm strapped in. Then I turn the car OFF and it starts up AGAIN, even though I haven't left the lights on or anything - they are in auto.

It won't even let me listen to the radio with the door open, for example if I want to sit and eat my lunch or drink a coffee with my face in the sunshine. :mellow:

• Thanks 1

You can slap the door sensor switch to stop it bonging! (It's the rubbery thing near the B-pillar door latch.)

One thing I dislike about the PDF manual is it's just a dumb-print out. You can't click on the index/contents sections to jump to that section, but have to search the number and keep skipping through all the other references to that page until you get to the right one!

I don't know what they use to create the manual, but I know MS Word and LO Writer both have automatic contents building functions where you use the header styles to tell it what the section and sub section titles are and it can automatically build a numbered index/contents from those - Surely they could do something like that to the PDFs to put in some hyperlinks!

The fancy brochure ones do, so why not the manuals?!

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Cyker said:

You can slap the door sensor switch to stop it bonging! (It's the rubbery thing near the B-pillar door latch.)

One thing I dislike about the PDF manual is it's just a dumb-print out. You can't click on the index/contents sections to jump to that section, but have to search the number and keep skipping through all the other references to that page until you get to the right one!

I don't know what they use to create the manual, but I know MS Word and LO Writer both have automatic contents building functions where you use the header styles to tell it what the section and sub section titles are and it can automatically build a numbered index/contents from those - Surely they could do something like that to the PDFs to put in some hyperlinks!

The fancy brochure ones do, so why not the manuals?!

Thank you so much for that tip, I will try it out!

Agreed about the PDF. At least the text is searchable - it's really annoying when you get image based ones that won't let you search!

Quote: "One thing I dislike about the PDF manual is it's just a dumb-print out. You can't click on the index/contents sections to jump to that section, but have to search the number and keep skipping through all the other references to that page until you get to the right one!" Unquote

Why don't you just scroll down to the relevant page. Works for me.

On 10/19/2021 at 10:09 PM, RabButler said:

Download it to your phone.

Phone screen too small for reading that sort of document tbh

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links