Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bird Stuck in the Grill

error404

Not a "Help!" Post or anything but just thought i would share with you something very strange that happened over the weekend

So was driving along and ended up hitting some poor bird, think it must have got hit by the car in front of me tried flying away but just unfortunate i was the next car and smacked straight into the poor thing, kept driving on didnt think much of it thought the knock my have just knocked him to the side, 10 mins later just to put my mind at ease decided to park up in the layby to check any damage and i found the bird lodged into the bottom of the car grill, it was already dead by then sadly..

Decided to go home and try to get it out as i didnt have any gloves or anything with me in the car

Got home parked up, went inside for a bit to try and find some gloves, bags etc. came out and tried to pull the bird out but failed and struggled was lodged in (to be honest i was a bit squeamish as well doing it) it was really late felt a bit tired thought i would try again in the morning.....

had CCTV camera on overnight then spotted at around 1am or so some fox started prowling around my car and did the job for me, pulled out the carcass and ran off with it (as you can see in the video caught mr Fox in the act) and he did a good job of it managed to completely pull it out, saved me a job i was squeamish about - although the area around it was full of feathers!

Luckily no damage was made to the radiator, grill was a bit out of place but managed to fix it back!

tempsnip.png

• Like 2

i think i'd of been the same as you regarding the removal of the bird,

at last we have found something useful a fox can do.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links