Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery

Kojac

5A3232CB-AA38-413D-98BC-C5178C139D34.thumb.png.babb9e75a0861780f41403aea9f05454.png

Just been told by the dealership that the Battery (not the hybrid one - but the one you'd jump start) is no longer viable & needs to be replaced.

Whats a fair price for a replacement?

I seem to remember that it was possible to order the right battery, just under the yaris product number for significantly cheaper - or am I wrong?

Basically - whats the best way to get a new one at a sensible price?

There have been similar topics regarding this, you can use search, but from what i remember, yes, it was possible to get much cheaper Battery.

I think in some of the topics people even gave part numbers, links, or similar.

You are talking about the 12v Battery. In the Auris hybrid the 12v Battery is in the boot, rear corner drivers side underneath a plastic cover. It’s placed there because no room under the bonnet, the usual place. 
The original Battery, and certainly the one recommended is what is called an AGM battery. “Standard” car batteries have acid slopping about, imagine the car having severe damage done to the offside rear and it breaks open the battery. Occupants in the car could easily get splattered with acid. Not recommended. An AGM battery (Advanced Glass Mat) has its fluid stored in sponges. Apart from non-spillable the is kind of battery has other advantages, but non-spillable has to be a hugh safety advantage.         
Unfortunately the AGM safety feature comes at a cost, twice that of a “standard” battery ie approx £160 todays prices. A Toyota dealer may well be competitive on price, but AGM is available at good outlets.                
So for safety of you and your passengers the fitment of an AGM is highly recommended. I could imagine an insurance company perhaps not paying out if an accident incurred acid burns on you or others and you had fitted a standard battery.

I need help ensuring I get the correct Battery, but at good value.

I seem to remember that batteries (same model number from factory) were charged for at different rates - depending on the model of car it was intended for.

For example the Battery for a yaris (AGM) was a literal Clone of the one used in an Auris - but were billed at dramatically different rates from toyota.

I'm asking for help in identifying the neat value option for my replacement. I'd be grateful for any assistance fellow members are willing to provide.

Okay - do i've used the forum search function and also google (via parameter site:https://www.toyotaownersclub.com) and i'm still struggling.

Does toyota still do fixed price replacement for batteries.

If anyone can help me with my goal - i'd be most appreciative. I'm an active member & am asking my fellow members for some additional support on this topic. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links