Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Reliability - 2019 corolla?

frazthewise

Who has done the most miles in the new 2019 Corolla? Any issues?

That’s interesting,. The most I have seen is 70k miles on estate 2.0 from advert for sale. 

• Like 1

I've done 39.000 miles in my 2.0. 

Only a few issues. Auto high beam is rubbish. It never works properly. Toyota don't have a solution, but many owners suffers this problem. 

My drivers seat needs a change. My seat makes noises when I get in the car, and sits back. 

Paintwok at the front seems very weak, hood, bumber, front spoiler has a lot of chips. I've never had a car with so many chips, there's no rust, but it does'nt look great up close. 

Mechanical issues: NOTHING!! Extremly reliable. Brakes, tyres, wipers have a pretty long lifespan. I'll change the factory fitted tyres next spring at around 47.000 miles. Brakes will last around 75.000 miles. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nielshm said:

Paintwork at the front seems very weak, hood, bumber, front spoiler has a lot of chips. I've never had a car with so many chips, there's no rust, but it does'nt look great up close. 

What are the roads like on your usual drives ? Do they use a lot of grit and salt in winter ?

1 hour ago, Stopeter44 said:

What are the roads like on your usual drives ? Do they use a lot of grit and salt in winter ?

I only drive on tarmac. In the winter only salt is used. All the chips can only be "spray" from cars passing by. 

Front spoiler and bumper are plastic, and are by far the worst parts. Plastics may seem soft, some chips are quite deep.

• Thanks 1

@nielshm Ah, OK, I misunderstood you. I thought you were talking specifically about the paintwork. The bumper and the spoiler have paint over plastic ?

On a previous car, I lived near Denver at the time, I had quite a lot of abrasion from road salt and grit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nielshm said:

I've done 39.000 miles in my 2.0. 

Only a few issues. Auto high beam is rubbish. It never works properly. Toyota don't have a solution, but many owners suffers this problem. 

My drivers seat needs a change. My seat makes noises when I get in the car, and sits back. 

Paintwok at the front seems very weak, hood, bumber, front spoiler has a lot of chips. I've never had a car with so many chips, there's no rust, but it does'nt look great up close. 

Mechanical issues: NOTHING!! Extremly reliable. Brakes, tyres, wipers have a pretty long lifespan. I'll change the factory fitted tyres next spring at around 47.000 miles. Brakes will last around 75.000 miles. 

Very impressed, you are obviously a careful and considerate driver, can't believe your tyres last so long. Is it metallic paint you have? Yes, paint is getting thinner nowadays, perhaps the need for some protection? 

• Like 1

I don't tailgate and try to leave plenty of space when following to avoid 'gravel/grit/salt rash' and have just/still got a couple of small paint chips about six inches back on the bonnet.  As mentioned, the paint (scarlet flame) appears to be very thin on the bonnet, but it doesn't matter how careful you are as you will pick up chips eventually.  I took out the paint cover when I bought the car so will wait until it's near the end of the policy and just get them to do any/all of the chip repairs in one go.

The only issue I have had, and it's a major 1st world problem, is that the adhesive on my front and rear dash cam mountings did not like any temps above 25C and they fell off several times, sheesh, blame global warming maybe?  The dealer and Nextbase both supplied me with replacement adhesive pads so all is well with the world again😉

• Like 1

Rambler 56,I took paint cover through main dealer,did'nt read terms till the finish date,astonishingly only vertical surfaces covered and number of scratch sites limited. waste of money,Meguiers polish seems to protect.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, loz8 said:

Rambler 56,I took paint cover through main dealer,did'nt read terms till the finish date,astonishingly only vertical surfaces covered and number of scratch sites limited. waste of money,Meguiers polish seems to protect.

The Toyota Smart Cover I  took out covers pretty much everything and excess is £10 per claim.  Seems only wheels and door handles are not covered.  Individual claims limited to £500 per claim with a £3000 aggregate limit over the term of the policy.  Here's a copy of what is/is not included:

F2287C3E-8BAE-4E14-A15A-7EE5ED2FD339_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.b5a6a50eb56305b6df6b06ededd9356c.jpeg

• Thanks 1

From memory, the Smart cover did change and is now more comprehensive.

• Like 1

No obvious paint chips on my bonnet but if I can get 20k miles out of a set of front tyres I'm doing well. I don't drive fast (far from it) and nor do I use my brakes if I can avoid it but I know what my car can do and I won't slow for bends more than I have to.

Many years ago I owned a Nissan Almera and they had some kind of snazzy (at the time) rear suspension that kept the tyres vertical with respect to the road surface. That car could corner like it was on rails. But the rear tyres wore as fast as the front tyres which was a bit painful on the old wallet 😕

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AndrueC said:

No obvious paint chips on my bonnet but if I can get 20k miles out of a set of front tyres I'm doing well. I don't drive fast (far from it) and nor do I use my brakes if I can avoid it but I know what my car can do and I won't slow for bends more than I have to.

Many years ago I owned a Nissan Almera and they had some kind of snazzy (at the time) rear suspension that kept the tyres vertical with respect to the road surface. That car could corner like it was on rails. But the rear tyres wore as fast as the front tyres which was a bit painful on the old wallet 😕

That would be a multi-link setup. I had a couple of Primeras late 90s to early 2000s. They were great cars in that era, before the French got their claws into them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

That would be a multi-link setup. I had a couple of Primeras late 90s to early 2000s. They were great cars in that era, before the French got their claws into them.

Ah yes, thanks for that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-link_suspension

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

That would be a multi-link setup. I had a couple of Primeras late 90s to early 2000s

Yes I had a 98 Primera SX (to celebrate Nissan winning the BTCC manufacturers championship) and a 2001 S. Brilliant handling. 

Ford used the first generation Primera as a benchmark for the Mondeo.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links