Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Phone calls can be heard outside the car

nielshm

Many nurses on home visits drives the latest generation Yaris. 

It often happens they have to make some phone calls before visiting the patient, and sits in the car. 

But the call can easily be heard on the outside. Every single word. How is that? If a car drives into a parking lot with a random radio station playing, it's difficult to hear anything, apart from a blurred noise. But phone calls are loud and clear. 

In a world filled with GPDR, personal protection etc., a car seems a bad place to be, if you seek privacy. 

Are any other Toyota model just as bad? 

No one is forcing a person to use a phone via the car system.              
The occupant of the car has chose to use the car system.    
I don’t understand why Toyota can be called bad.

Solution….  When in a public place disconnect the phone and put to ear.

Of course it's not to be expected, and to be honest, I don't think any one is aware. It would'nt be hard for a manufactor as Toyota to fix. 

Modern cars are filled with handsfree, wireless, online gadgets, multimedia, keeping in touch every way possible, it's just to easy to say, "don't use it"

• Sad 1

Part of the issue is the volume is turned up to compensate for engine noise, etc when the car is being driven, and, when parked with the engine off, the volume is too loud. We often hear phones, etc from other cars - not only Toyotas.

• Like 2

I started noticing people sat in cars shouting at themselves through loudspeakers around 6 years ago,the first being a new ford focus in front of my house blocking the drive.

If the car is parked up ,then just as easy to use a mobile normally one would think. (edit as Catlover says above)

Also the ones with earpieces who stride along appearing to shout at themselves in the street as though far too busy and important to pause , bring a wry smile.

we used to call it putting on the style.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Also the ones with earpieces who stride along appearing to shout at themselves in the street as though far too busy and important to pause , bring a wry smile.

we used to call it putting on the style.

Most people are completely unaware that the volume they may be using to hear themselves, over street noise, for example, is absolutely deafening to people on the other end of the line, so to speak. Not to mention passers-by or other travelling compagnons (like on trains and buses). Then, of course, there are posers.

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Part of the issue is the volume is turned up to compensate for engine noise, etc when the car is being driven, and, when parked with the engine off, the volume is too loud. We often hear phones, etc from other cars - not only Toyotas.

That’s the one 👍 I have seen same thing happens with people in ultra  luxury cars like Range Rovers and mercs etc. 

• Like 1

White van man is the biggest culprit, or the old boy without his hearing aid in/on

You could wear an earpiece, but that may make you look like a BMW/Audi driver

449270914_bmwjezza.thumb.jpg.2cac710377d395b9f33548a1b42e08a8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yup, not just a Toyota thing - Any time I have my windows down I've always been able to hear people using their phone with the car's handsfree system! Sometimes even without my windows down!!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links