Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Automatic Conversion

Effell

Hi everyone - New Member

Does anyone know of someone or any company that can mate an automatic box to a manual 2009 IQ2. And if so, what would be the approx cost of labour.

I don’t have the answer to your question but I am led to believe that automatic IQs fetch a premium over manual gear boxes, so maybe a solution would be to sell and buy a manual one - there are far more of these on the market than automatics?

The point which I somehow failed to put over is that whether it was possible for someone like myself with a Toyota IQ with a manual gearbox, providing I can source one, to have an automatic box mated to the 1 litre engine without too much modification.

I'm no expert, but I suspect it would be a massive job as you'd need to change so much stuff...

The ECU and engine loom will be different the flywheel will need swapping for a flex plate and torque convertor setup, drive shafts will be different as well, remove the clutch pedal and replace the brake with an auto one, replace the shifter and cables, the front brakes on an auto are usually larger too

Be aware the gearbox in the IQ is specific to the IQ as the diff and driveshafts are at the front

If you can find someone to do the work you will be looking upwards of £2500+, so sell the manual and buy an auto

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links