Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV - Different market specs

Flatcoat

2 minutes ago, ernieb said:

People in the US are still buying Toyota PHEV’s in New York and flying  and driving back to Florida such is the issues about availability. They do not seem to be able to pre order and track as we do but have to buy from a dealers available stock or allocation. Indeed on some of the US forums I’ve read that the dealers are bundling some extras and then selling at premium prices but the tax incentives still make this worth while.

I think that's right Ernie. I suppose, thinking about it, most Americans probably drive more miles on average than we do in Blighty. So they're less EV inclined (range anxiety) but still want economy, reliability, and the range. R4P probably the best SUV sized option for them.

One other thing which is interesting is the ratio between petrol and electricity price per mile is relatively small compared to the significant ratio that exists here (notwithstanding energy cost rises!). So the payback of using an EV is much faster here than it is over there.

I think the current price comparison $/per litre is US 0.98 and UK 1.97 so approx 2:1 and of course the American’s are always bitching about how much the cost of ‘gas’ is.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links