Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhausts

Phil Hall

Would you rather have a quiet or loud exhaust  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Would you rather have a quiet or loud exhaust

• Loud as fook
    • Subtle but noticable at high revs
    • Quiet

Personally, when I get my new car I think ill go for a quiet / subtle exhaust. I've had my days with popping, banging and farting exhausts and now I think I'd rather get a subtle or quieter one.

I must be geting old, ............. now where did I leave my pipe and slippers???

Loud .. but my car does scream "LOOK AT ME !!" :unsure:

LOL, Im more of a stealth guy myself. Im the kinda person who would drive a Turbo car and put a recirculative DV on it just for the stealth factor....lol

Bit of both.... wanna go on the track so has to be sub 100DB, but should have a presence at high revs ;) possible a nice rumble low down.

It depends, because you can get exhausts that are loud, but they sound like a tractor. Or you get it where people stick great big noisy exhausts on their cars, and the performance of the actual car just doesn't match it. The best, I think, are the ones that have presence, not just really loud, ones that growl when you turn the ignition and make people think, oh ****, this is gonna be mean.

I've had a mixture of exhausts in the past. From a subtle Magnex to a fappin' loud Powerflow with de-cat. I mostly like deep, subtle exhausts that sound beefy when you rev the engine. My Kakimoto sounds alright, could just do with being a bit deeper (de-cat methinks!)

I have a TRD (rebadged GReddy) and it's not much louder than standard at normal speeds, but get on the gas, and it wails! :D

zorst2.jpg

zorst1.jpg

i like it loud :P on tick over and gental driving its thame get it on bost what out your ears will hurt :yes:

Like the sound of that Earl, thats what Im after. :thumbsup:

It's pretty cool. You don't get yanked by the fuzz (ow) when you're just cruising. :D

My exhaust at the mo is nice deep but too loud on the motorway, its too load at cruising speed on the motorway so long runs leave you with a head ache so will be going for something more subtle next time round.

My exhaust at the mo is nice deep but too loud on the motorway, its too load at cruising speed on the motorway so long runs leave you with a head ache so will be going for something more subtle next time round.

What do you have?

• 11 months later...

Iv had loud had one custom made and it sounded real nice, cost a fair whack but it was quality, that was on my N/A and now i got a subtle but throaty exhaust called the Blitz Nurspec R on my tubby hehe, nice and throaty on idle, and just general driving but comes to a nice tone when under boost. :)

Prefer the tubby one to the loud one though.

Iv had loud had one custom made and it sounded real nice, cost a fair whack but it was quality, that was on my N/A and now i got a subtle but throaty exhaust called the Blitz Nurspec R on my tubby hehe, nice and throaty on idle, and just general driving but comes to a nice tone when under boost. :)

Prefer the tubby one to the loud one though.

iv got the same, sounds ace when you start up, people walking by go oh *****! lol and its not a chavy loud noise either, nice burble.

mines subtle at tick over. thats the only time it is though! :D

one isnt enough needed two !!!! :eek:

ive got ricos old zorst and its got to be one of the loudest!

I have a TRD (rebadged GReddy) and it's not much louder than standard at normal speeds, but get on the gas, and it wails!  :D

Sounds like my Super Drager. Roars when on full chat. Unreal sound.

drager.jpg

gotta scream HAIL MARY for me to be impressed

Hmm, i'm undecided, at times I want it quiet then LOUD as owt others...

Ah what the heck, ima vote loud!

-Z

Bought a Mongoose with a de cat, hell of a noise on idile, burbles, then turns into a rasp on full whack!

Mine has a de-catt and 3" straight through system.....no boxes

na dis LOUD AS <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> !!, But is starting to do my head in, will be changing soon !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links