Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 Estima 2.4L hybrid - engine oil

Eamonn22

Hi , i have checked engine oil level and its nearly at minimum on dipstick, engine has 72k miles...please tell me what is the best oil to get for it folks, i take engine oil very seriously so need to know which one is most suitable for It ? 

Thanks in advance

Since this uses the 2AZ-FE engine as found in a host of other Toyotas, the standard recommended oil is fully synthetic. Depending on your location the specification varies according to climate.

This may help: https://www.whichoil.info/toyota/rav4-2-4

As it is a hybrid, as with other hybrids from the same era, 0W-20 was probably the factory recommendation.

1 hour ago, Paulscarbs said:

Since this uses the 2AZ-FE engine as found in a host of other Toyotas, the standard recommended oil is fully synthetic. Depending on your location the specification varies according to climate.

This may help: https://www.whichoil.info/toyota/rav4-2-4

Thats great thanks

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As it is a hybrid, as with other hybrids from the same era, 0W-20 was probably the factory recommendation.

Excellent info ill go for that one so thanks appreciate it

47 minutes ago, pakman said:

keep a eye on the oil level as 2AZ-FE engine is known to burn oil.

Yeah will do thanks a lot, i just happened to check it and noticed its operating on approximately 30% oil capacity so need to top it up soon, any particular reason why they burn oil more ?

45 minutes ago, Eamonn22 said:

Yeah will do thanks a lot, i just happened to check it and noticed its operating on approximately 30% oil capacity so need to top it up soon, any particular reason why they burn oil more ?

engine design fault. 

14 hours ago, pakman said:

keep a eye on the oil level as 2AZ-FE engine is known to burn oil.

I think North American 2AZ-FEs may do, but not heard of, or experienced, Japanese ones doing the same.

Thanks Frosty, didn’t note OP had a hybrid!

1 hour ago, Paulscarbs said:

I think North American 2AZ-FEs may do, but not heard of, or experienced, Japanese ones doing the same.

Thanks Frosty, didn’t note OP had a hybrid!

Thanks for this glad to hear japanese ones may not be affected by design fault piston ring issue, i will always keep a keen eye on oil level so cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links