Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Application of two stage touch up kit to pearl white finish C-HR

DavidinDerbyshire

Having purchased the appropriate kit for my car I am hugely disappointed at the poor instructions that come with it. The pictograms just don't explain enough how to use the two stage kit. The base coat has a pad built into the cap which the pictograms suggest has to be wetted with water ten minutes after the base coat has been applied and then it appears to show the pad being repeatedly pressed onto the damp paint before being washed again. Then it seems you wait another ten minutes before applying the clear coat.  

I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who has used such a kit and has any tips on how not to screw it up!  (the job, not the bottles)

I have tried this on the same paint and it’s a horrible thing, shouldn’t use that kit but only paint and lacquer and applied by hand as with any other paint made to order. Maybe next spring/summer will do it again this time the way I know. I had done brand new car recently with great success, even not finished yet it does look much better but it’s pure white and this helps a lot. 👍

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I have tried this on the same paint and it’s a horrible thing, ... I had done brand new car recently with great success, even not finished yet it does look much better but it’s pure white and this helps a lot. 👍

Which is why we ordered pure white on our new car, those special paint jobs look great, but if you have any scratches. Current has the Peugeot textured paint they used on the 208 for about 3 years. it looks wonderful, but it's a very difficult to match, I have had a messed up door done twice and it's still not right.

• Like 2

I was thinking that the stone chips are so small I may as well just touch them up with a left over Fiat white I have from a motorhome and console myself I'm keeping out rust. Your advice is very helpful. Thank you. My advice to Toyota is "Get someone to write it out in English". Can't find anything on the web. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links