Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Track rods

Lynnetteg

My Urban Cruiser has failed its MOT on worn track rods.  The garage is unable to source replacements and Toyota say I will have to purchase a whole new track system.  Anyone know where we can buy rods?

The track rods themselves don't wear, it will be the inner or outer ends.

What does the certificate say?

Worn track rod ends or the actual track rods aka inner tie rods that attach to the steering rack ??

Inners do wear and go sloppy, drive forward, and it will cause the wheel to toe out and in reverse it will toe in

Off the info given

Rod ends - 45046-59115 - BluePrint ADT38733

Toyota only list the inner rods as part of the steering rack

What engine and is it left or right-hand drive ?

The rack should be the same as the Vitz, 2 different types are listed for a 2010 UC

Please PM me your VIN, so we can confirm the correct steering rack - from that i can work out the correct Inner track rods

Thanks for your replies.  I don't have a certificate yet, the garage has spoken to me about why the car has failed.  I asked them again this morning, which parts they are having trouble sourcing and the VIN.  They confirmed they needed a steering rack and bits inside, not track or rod ends.  The VIN is JTKLC164001005237.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Many thanks

Built - 12/2010

Model  - NLP115R-AHFNXW

Steering rack - 45510-52231

Looks like its main dealer only or import from Japan, around £350 inc shipping from

https://www.amayama.com/en

Not sure what you mean by bits inside

Thank very much - not great news then.  I may be waiting some time.

Looking on that site 10-14 days iirc you pay the extra for express shipping you may get it quicker but with the way things are you may have to wait longer

Same for Prius and Auris however there are aftermarket parts listed on eBay that claims inner tie rods that fit the models above and your car is likely to have same or similar steering rack. It might worth to have a look on eBay and search for inner tie rods. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTR-FRONT-TIE-ROD-AXLE-JOINT-TRACK-ROD-CRT-95-L-FOR-TOYOTA-YARIS-URBAN-CRUISER-/154564315800?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m2548.l6249&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0 
Good luck 👍

OP's car is a NLP115 but an odd ball spec as it's a late 2010 you can get  the other racks and parts with ease but not with the car op has

Sankei-555 don't list them for this car

http://www.sankei-555.com/

Rack - 45510-52231 (old part 45510-52230)

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links