Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla cross incoming 2022

Auris2010

This would be a great upgrade next year for me if i decided to let go of my current HB 2.0. But already invested a lot on my current car and hard to let go now.  But will wait and see until it arrives.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

T-Mate provides driving assistance with a Blind Spot Monitor with Safe Exit Assist, an Adaptive High-beam System for the headlights and Teammate Advance Park for easier, automated parking manoeuvres. A Panoramic View Monitor, Rear Cross Traffic Alert with automatic braking and Intelligent Clearance Sonars are also available.

Maybe a taste of what will come to the HB some time in the future?

This or the new Trek 2022, the later looks a killer to me, i like estates a lot perhaps that’s why, what about you guys? 👍

• Like 1

I liked HB but always loved mid size SUV like this. If UK specs would include the AWD and and all the expected specs this would be very tempting for me. 

It's very RAV like, be interested to see in the flesh and see just how much space is inside. First impressions on looks are good though. Price, especially if as the post suggests, there is AWD.

Note 

this car has the same wheelbase as the Corolla hatchback which would suggest right rear leg room 

though t mate sounds exciting

it’s not being mentioned for bz4x and will not be available before September 2022 earliest

unlikely to ever come into the current Corolla

perhaps the mk13

2 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

unlikely to ever come into the current Corolla

perhaps the mk13

That'll suit me, roll it out bed it in and in about 2 1/2 years I'll be changing again all being well ....hey, I can dream.

Hmmmmm, do I order a 2022 C - HR or wait for the Corolla Cross 🤔

Hopefully there's a fully loaded premier / launch version available.

Meh. Still no full EV. It's amusing to note that Toyota themselves claim they are 'Paving the way toward an electric future'. If so it would appear that they are using a more circuitous route than anyone else since they have yet to release a full EV car in the UK and I think have as yet still only produced one model available anywhere.

Frankly I've started to look elsewhere. I probably won't be changing my Corolla until 2023 but given how slowly Toyota are working on it (and given they were one of the few manufacturers not to sign up to the COP26 agreement) I suspect I'll be buying elsewhere.

Right now I classify Toyota as one of those vehicle manufacturers that just doesn't get it and I'd regard that Beyond Zero site as an example of 'green washing'.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

Meh. Still no full EV. It's amusing to note that Toyota themselves claim they are 'Paving the way toward an electric future'. If so it would appear that they are using a more circuitous route than anyone else since they have yet to release a full EV car in the UK and I think have as yet still only produced one model available anywhere.

Frankly I've started to look elsewhere. I probably won't be changing my Corolla until 2023 but given how slowly Toyota are working on it (and given they were one of the few manufacturers not to sign up to the COP26 agreement) I suspect I'll be buying elsewhere.

Right now I classify Toyota as one of those vehicle manufacturers that just doesn't get it and I'd regard that Beyond Zero site as an example of 'green washing'.

Firstly the bz4x seems pretty decent

secondly an electric car doesn’t make sense for them

for me personally, I often have to do long trips on Very short notice to remote places without adequate charging capabilities as of yet

a plug in hybrid is usually a waste of time if you do more long distance than short you shut waste petrol in lugging around the extra weight and if I have to do 300 miles in short term notice and the stay overnight without knowing if there is an ev charger and then drive back

gotta have petrol, diesel, or a hybrid

• Like 1

Toyota are road testing there solid state Battery technology at the moment.

If you really want a game changing EV that will be a suitable replacement for current petrol / diesel user who complain about range / recharge time - just wait for those to launch.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

This or the new Trek 2022, the later looks a killer to me, i like estates a lot perhaps that’s why, what about you guys? 👍

Do You have any more info. about new 2022 TREK

23 minutes ago, HSDish said:

See different topic -

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HSDish said:

Not really, only seen these pictures and description but to me looks like best estate version, I do like the previous trek too. This one has full leather seats while retaining the more basic more comfortable shape, not bucket seats like  GR or Excel. 

The gr seats are actually super comfy if you’re slim

checked it out at the dealer with a friend who is a lot broader than me (to be polite) and he was t as crazy in them as I was

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

The gr seats are actually super comfy if you’re slim

checked it out at the dealer with a friend who is a lot broader than me (to be polite) and he was t as crazy in them as I was

I sat in excel and was ok  but side bolsters are too large and too hard for my liking since I spent many hours in the car and I like to have a few naps while on break, don’t think specifically these seats will suit me, otherwise for daily use no problems at all, they are definitely a good seats. 👍

On 12/2/2021 at 6:19 PM, forkingabout said:

Toyota are road testing there solid state battery technology at the moment.

If you really want a game changing EV that will be a suitable replacement for current petrol / diesel user who complain about range / recharge time - just wait for those to launch.

Sadly probably still a decade away. And since I have a garage I can keep an EV car charged up all the time so for me 'refuelling' becomes a thing of the past. On the rare occasions when I'm driving more than fifty miles I'll just break my trip with an overnight stay somewhere with a charger.

I don't know why Toyota are still bothering with hydrogen. It's just not panning out. Producing it in useful quantities is environmentally unfriendly and by the time the wheels are turning you've lost 70% of the energy used to manufacture it. We're going to struggle to provide enough electricity for EV cars as it is, let alone throwing two thirds of that away to run off hydrogen.

So I remain sceptical about Toyota. They have a lot of resources and a lot of clever people but I think they are going to be late to the party. Already are late to it.

On 12/2/2021 at 5:05 PM, AndrueC said:

I suspect the Toyota offering will be worth waiting for. Sure, you can pay £30k for an electric corsa now, or drive round in a HUUGE Ionic 5, but I suspect by 2025/26 there will be a great choice of good value EVs out there. Right now it’s like buying a laptop in 1996. The next ‘groundbreaking’ EV is literally around the corner. Always 

• Like 1

I hope so, but I've been hoping for a lot of years now!

I'm more pessimistic as EVs seemed to have peaked very early and stagnated - They have improved very little since the Model S and Kona came out, and now they're trying to sell newer models with useless crap I don't want while handwaving the terrible range to mass/volume ratios and increased prices.

At first they were touting how electric motors are much smaller than ICE drivetrains so there'd be much more space but that's proven to be incredibly false as the batteries and power electronics take up far more space than any engine ever did - Now almost every EV is a giant landboat SUV and they still have rubbish range. Then they were saying they're much cheaper to run but that's only true if you have home/work-subsidised charging - If you are forced to use public charging they are not much better than a good diesels or a hybrid. I think my old Mk1 D4D and Mk4 are actually cheaper on 'fuel' than most EVs now if they only use public charging, and they're definitely cheaper on insurance!

I've always said I'll only change once the car is better than what I have, and now I have a Mk4 that bar has been raised a lot higher!

It's a shame as I was pretty hyped for an EV - I've never been into fast cars, but since owning a diesel I've realised that the thing that makes driving fun for me is having loads of torque on demand and EVs are the pinnacle for that. But when you're used to being able to do 600 miles non-stop at 70mph in a tiny nippy diesel, going to 180 miles *if you're lucky* with a lengthy charge time after in a car that's twice the size and mass with only slightly more room is a huge step back no matter how you look at it...

• Thanks 1

Can´t find out if the Corolla Cross will have just black ceiling or if it comes with white/light too.

Any one who´s found out.

Wonders the same about the TREK (both older and -22 version)

On 12/2/2021 at 4:01 PM, TonyHSD said:

I fully agree with you on the estate. I have always from passing my test at 21 had one hatchback a Volvo 340, Grandparents, earned no claims, then after a Volvo 1986 740 GLE estate in 2002 which was my first car I bought. Then a 1989 Volvo 240 GLT auto estate, owned for 10 years until sold. Also have a 1996 Volvo 940 LPT Auto Estate, owned for 5 years now.

Plus a few years ago bought a 2015 Toyota Auris Hybrid TS estate.

As you can see I like estates! Had a couple of hatchback/saloons but the space is more practical in an estate. Tried a Auris HB and rear headroom and legroom not great for my Grandparents, so chose the estate.

James👍 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links