Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla cross incoming 2022

Auris2010

22 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Sadly probably still a decade away. And since I have a garage I can keep an EV car charged up all the time so for me 'refuelling' becomes a thing of the past. On the rare occasions when I'm driving more than fifty miles I'll just break my trip with an overnight stay somewhere with a charger.

I don't know why Toyota are still bothering with hydrogen. It's just not panning out. Producing it in useful quantities is environmentally unfriendly and by the time the wheels are turning you've lost 70% of the energy used to manufacture it. We're going to struggle to provide enough electricity for EV cars as it is, let alone throwing two thirds of that away to run off hydrogen.

So I remain sceptical about Toyota. They have a lot of resources and a lot of clever people but I think they are going to be late to the party. Already are late to it.

Toyota Europe have confirmed that the first Solid State vehicle will be sold in 2025 as a HEV (sorts out the charging issues).

Looking at the model cycles, I would expect this to be the next Corolla or RAV4.....

22 hours ago, AndrueC said:

Sadly probably still a decade away. And since I have a garage I can keep an EV car charged up all the time so for me 'refuelling' becomes a thing of the past. On the rare occasions when I'm driving more than fifty miles I'll just break my trip with an overnight stay somewhere with a charger.

I don't know why Toyota are still bothering with hydrogen. It's just not panning out. Producing it in useful quantities is environmentally unfriendly and by the time the wheels are turning you've lost 70% of the energy used to manufacture it. We're going to struggle to provide enough electricity for EV cars as it is, let alone throwing two thirds of that away to run off hydrogen.

So I remain sceptical about Toyota. They have a lot of resources and a lot of clever people but I think they are going to be late to the party. Already are late to it.

Hydrogen has more promise for HGV’s

1 hour ago, Woofwoof said:

Hydrogen has more promise for HGV’s

Yes. Or possibly as a way to store spare energy for the grid if renewables are generating more than is required at the time.

2 hours ago, duncerduncs said:

Toyota Europe have confirmed that the first Solid State vehicle will be sold in 2025 as a HEV (sorts out the charging issues).

HEV batteries aren't as demanding as BEV batteries. It's a promising development but still got a long way to go.

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/car-of-the-year-2022-seven-finalists-revealed/

"Electric cars dominate the shortlist for Europe’s prestigious Car of the Year 2022 award. Only one combustion engine car – the Peugeot 308 – has made the list, illustrating how 2021 has been a transformational year for electric motoring. "

Well that's one award Toyota can't win then 😞

Not my cup of tea, but the manufacturers will make whatever is selling well.

As I slowly transition into an old !Removed!, I become less and less inclined to deviate from cars that are shaped like actual cars. To my old-fashioned thinking, they look better, drive better and have more difference in appearance between models compared to all these 4 seater vans that dominate the modern market.

It's funny how point of view differs - If I'd won any of those cars in a competition I'd immediately sell them :laugh: 

34 minutes ago, Cyker said:

It's funny how point of view differs - If I'd won any of those cars in a competition I'd immediately sell them :laugh: 

Lol. They aren't my cup of tea either. My biggest concern at the moment is getting my next vehicle into my garage. My Corolla is about as wide as is possible unless a vehicle with a shorter bonnet meant I was getting out clear of the brick pillar that restricts things at the moment. If that were the case I might have another 150mm to play with.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links