Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headache

antscelicagt

Hi all,

This time it's not all in the name(title)...

I would like some more power out of my car. ! way i have come across on a mates golf, was to change the head to a bigger one from a later model. with excellent results.

Now my questions....

1, Does anybody know which heads go straight onto my 3S-GE block??

2, What improvements am i to expect by doing this?

3, would i be able to stick a turbo head on from the st205 with just a change of gasket and ecu?

more questions as the answers appear..

thanks,

tony.

I asked the same question several months ago, my Gen5 produces 154 BHP whilst the Gen6 produces 173 BHP (both have 3S-GE engine). It is all done by a modded head. I didn't find out if they are inter-changeable and what would be needed.

Putting a GT4 head on would lower the power (lower compression ratio) unless you went for the full turbo conversion, then all sorts of mods would be needed.

for more power redline it , in each gear , you'll soon begin to like it .

for an auto dont use drive , go through the gears as you would a manual

nowt wrong with auto's..

less chance of messing up a gearchange than leaving a stupid human being in charge ;)

we seem to have wandered off the original thread!

what about a head swap?.......and I don't mean one of these :rolleyes:

Dont think you'll achieve much by just swapping heads. Yamaha designed the head for the 3S-GE and 3S-GTE and although there is room for improvement its going to be through head modification not swapping. You need to be thinking along the lines of gas flowing, bigger valves etc. Also upping the compression is one way to go but you may run into problems with detonation. Best just to use the power you've got to its maximum potential. Other wise a decent induction kit, pipe etc will help it breath a bit better. Loads of things you can do and a lot cheaper too. :D

These engines are virtually bombproof provided they get serviced regularly. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ok guys...

Within the coming weeks i will be takin an engine from an st205(3s-gte) and putting it in my st182 celica.

I know people will has comments to put forward, be them derogative or helpful, but either way, please be nice to me. :thumbsup:

if enough people want pictures i'll post a kinda step by step guide to a 3s-ge to 3s-gte transplant.

tony.

Good luck with the swap tony.

Sounds quit feasable and straight forward in principle. I for one will be interested how you get on, especially with any ECU problems you might encounter.

i would be especially interested in how you find the handling when it`s all sorted.

200+ BHP through the front wheels........ Brave man :eek:

Anyhoo. Good luck with it... Keep us posted. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

which gear box are you going to use?

will the st182 box fit the st205 engine and if so will it handle 250 BHP?

The ST205 uses the 3S-GTE engine which is the same block as the ST182 i believe. So the gearbox will fit, tho there may be issues with the clutch/flywheel.

The ST182 box should be able to handle 250BHP if it`s in good condition but it would be advisable to check it out 1st. And def change the gearbox oil for synthetic. The best solution would be to use a Rev3 tubby gearbox. Built like a brick outhouse, can easily take 300+BHP

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links