Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smart connect

Woofwoof

Is the new smart connect infotainment any good?

Is the wireless Apple CarPlay buggy and frequently require reconnecting?

can you remote unlock and lock the vehicle?

can you remotely check the tank level?

does it have a WiFi  hotspot on the embedded data connection?

can you heat the cabin remotely before entering the car?

Are there any other pros and cons to this system vs the regular touch 2 infotainment?

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2022 at 10:11 AM, Bernard Foy said:

Welcome to the forum Colin, the Toyota’s are a little bit easier on juice than the Daimler 👍👏

On 12/4/2021 at 6:00 PM, Woofwoof said:

Is the new smart connect infotainment any good?

Is the wireless Apple CarPlay buggy and frequently require reconnecting?

can you remote unlock and lock the vehicle?

can you remotely check the tank level?

does it have a WiFi  hotspot on the embedded data connection?

can you heat the cabin remotely before entering the car?

Are there any other pros and cons to this system vs the regular touch 2 infotainment?

Apple car play keeps asking me to scan the QR code after booting up ... rather annoying to say the least.

Using the MyT App I can lock the car, I can heat the cabin from the App for 10/20/30 mins. (it heats it to the last temp setting you set the climate control)

The MyT App shows you the fuel level as a percentage of full, it also shows the location of the  car, and allows you to operate the hazard lights for 30secs.

The Toyota sat nav doesnt show lane information on Motor way Exits etc but it shows speed camera locations. Its not fully up to date with recent speed limit changes

The Apple Maps doesnt alert you for speed cameras - but is in my opinion much clearer, larger font on the 9" screen

No audible overspeed warnings as there were on the Touch n Go ...which we found very useful on our previous car.

1 hour ago, daimler.driver said:

The Apple Maps doesnt alert you for speed cameras - but is in my opinion much clearer, larger font on the 9" screen

CarPlay will let you have Waze, TomTom and maybe others. Waze & TomTom give you camera locations, and Waze, which once had awful Motorway lane information is now perhaps better than TomTom in that respect.

Apple maps won't work for me, because it's too "sophisticated" in a way, the voice directions insist on pronouncing the road/street names, and because I have the Siri voice in English, and I am in France, I can't stand the mess made of the French place and street names. Unless someone know away to have just right/left/straight ahead, etc ?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links