Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Turned off Speed Cameras in nav but still beeping!

Extreme_One

This is driving me insane.

I have a 2021 Corolla Sport Touring, and I simply cannot figure out how to stop it beeping for speed cameras.

I've disabled "Show speed cameras" in the map settings, but I can't find anywhere else with any relevant setting to disable.

Can anyone shed any light?

53 minutes ago, Extreme_One said:

This is driving me insane.

I have a 2021 Corolla Sport Touring, and I simply cannot figure out how to stop it beeping for speed cameras.

I've disabled "Show speed cameras" in the map settings, but I can't find anywhere else with any relevant setting to disable.

Can anyone shed any light?

Not specifically about the Corolla, but Waze for example will show you speed cameras if you want, but I believe there's another setting for notifications, so, you may be able to see, or not see, speed cameras, but it's another setting to turn off the notifications. Have you looked for something like that ?

2 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

Not specifically about the Corolla, but Waze for example will show you speed cameras if you want, but I believe there's another setting for notifications, so, you may be able to see, or not see, speed cameras, but it's another setting to turn off the notifications. Have you looked for something like that ?

That's partly why I want to disable the beeping in the car, as I do use Waze and that covers all the alerts I need.

Sorry, I meant that in the satnav system is there a separate setting for notifications ?

9 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

is there a separate setting for notifications ?

Not that I can find anywhere.

It might be your RSA or DRCC(RSA) settings in the dash rather than the satnav unit.

2 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

It might be your RSA or DRCC(RSA) settings in the dash rather than the satnav unit.

I have disabled the beeping audio alerts under the RSA settings.

I don’t think you can you can. You can  stop it showing the speed cameras but I don’t think you can mute the beeping alert I use coyote as well and the Toyota speed camera beeps more or less at the same time as coyote.

if I use coyote it disables the speed camera alerts on the sat nav but not the beeping. It was the same when I had the auris.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Rosgoe said:

I don’t think you can you can. You can  stop it showing the speed cameras but I don’t think you can mute the beeping alert

Thank you.

That's the impression I've got.

Seems strange to me, that you can't disable the beep. I was hoping it might be a hidden setting.

I wonder what happens when you drive in a territory where it's illegal to get speed camera alerts ... ?

1 minute ago, Extreme_One said:

I wonder what happens when you drive in a territory where it's illegal to get speed camera alerts ... ?

Interesting probably does disable it when driving in a country that does not allow alerts. You could try RSA settings in the menu in the centre of the instrument panel as has been suggested but I think that is just to disable the road sign speed info.

32 minutes ago, Extreme_One said:

You'll probably get danger zone alerts. I live in France and Waze tells me that I am entering a danger zone, or some such, I can't remember exactly. Coyote lobbied succesfully so that they would lose their business. They have great ideas in France, sometimes they really are good ideas, but other times ....

Had similar problem

Dont know if this may help.

7 minutes ago, HSDish said:

Had similar problem

Dont know if this may help.

Thank you. I have disabled speed cameras in the map settings, still get the beeps.

I phoned a Toyota Dealer earlier, they had no idea! 😂

I feel your pain (up to a point). I consider speed camera warnings to be for lesser drivers who can't operate an accelerator pedal properly and lack adequate situational awareness. But I think that if you go into settings and disable the general beep function it will stop bothering you. I have yet to try myself and console myself with muttering 'yeah, I already know' or 'beep beep' under my breath.

🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, AndrueC said:

But I think that if you go into settings and disable the general beep function it will stop bothering you

Please, if you try that and get it working, let me know how. 🙂

19 hours ago, AndrueC said:

I think that if you go into settings and disable the general beep function it will stop bothering you.

That's it! I doubted your advice when I first read it.

The general beep setting is meant to toggle the beep when you interact with the screen, so I thought it unlikely to have any bearing on the speed camera beep.

Turned it off and the annoying camera beep appears to have stopped too.

I have only passed one camera so far, and my music was playing, but I usually notice it every time and this time it seemed to remain silent.

Hopefully that's it then. Thanks. 👍

• Like 1

i didn`t realise it beeped,  it was my wife who noticed the beeping, i am somewhat deaf and the beeping is so soft it may as well not beep at all.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twintopp said:

i didn`t realise it beeped,  it was my wife who noticed the beeping, i am somewhat deaf and the beeping is so soft it may as well not beep at all.

I just got a new pair of hearing aids from NHS and they work wonderfully. Hearing aids not new to me, been wearing them for just over 20 years, more regular now then before. These news ones, behind ear, are silver coloured to blend in with my hair colour too 😃. Highly recommended.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi have just purchased the Corolla GR Sport, can not get the audio speed camera alerts.Been to Dealers but still not working.

Any advise please!

I gave already Set all settings in RCA To visual and audio on all the time!

You have to pair your phone with the car to get the speed camera alerts.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links