Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Camera issue

Bitch1001

This yellow line has just appeared on my reverse screen ..not on at any other time 

I though it was the number plate blocking view , but it’s not , camera lens is clear and flat in holder 

any help please 

BBD8CC56-70FF-4EDA-AD5D-F93D6F3C5193.jpeg

Looks like water or condensation is inside. Between lens and cover.

Left side looks blurry too and coloured. There seems to be water inside in the left upper corner.

It’s just been through the car wash last week so you could be right 

anything I can do with it ??

I have no idea if there is a possibility to take off the lens cover and clean the entire inside .. and if the same thing won't come back then... Maybe use some sealer to close it up again.
Or just replace the camera unit in the back if necessary.

Maybe this could be a good thing to show a mechanic or a dealer before making the investment .

Can anyone help with the part number for the rear camera 

thanks in advance 

https://www.proxyparts.com/car-parts-stock/information/part-number/867900h010/part/reversing-camera/partid/15529242/

Second hand one in Holland. Maybe you would like this.

867900H010 is the part number 

I saw them on AliExpress and eBay too.

Any news from your search for a solution ? Does it seems to be broken ? Water came in ?

86790-0H010 is correct

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124969067548?hash=item1d18bca41c:g:sVkAAOSw~vdhdF4Y

i would use a hair drier on a low heat and slowly warm it up to see if it disappears, apart from that you can do a function check in the hidden service menu

Mk2 Aygo hidden service menu

Turn the ignition - Press and hold the bottom physical button, Turn the headlights on and off 3 times

Anybody knows if a higher quality item fits too ?

I guess not but worth asking...

16 hours ago, haelewyn said:

https://www.proxyparts.com/car-parts-stock/information/part-number/867900h010/part/reversing-camera/partid/15529242/

Second hand one in Holland. Maybe you would like this.

867900H010 is the part number 

I saw them on AliExpress and eBay too.

Any news from your search for a solution ? Does it seems to be broken ? Water came in ?

Definitely water damage as it’s getting worse .. you can see condensationOn the lens  on  Touch screen now 

14 hours ago, flash22 said:

86790-0H010 is correct

i would use a hair drier on a low heat and slowly warm it up to see if it disappears, apart from that you can do a function check in the hidden service menu

Turn the ignition - Press and hold the bottom physical button, Turn the headlights on and off 3 times

That seems a strange thing to do ... headlights on and off lol ... 

If i am not mistaken, i saw it done with the headlights on to the first click... no idea if it works if you turn them on to the second click.

Again : good luck !

I need to adjust some settings, especially in the dark.
As I said before , the result of the AYGO camera is smaller than 40 percent of what it did on my Megane...   But i still save a lot of money of course.

2 hours ago, Bitch1001 said:

That seems a strange thing to do ... headlights on and off lol ... 

Nope, Press and hold the lower button/knob, make sure the headlights off then on-off, on-off and on-off - that's why it's called a hidden menu

Yes, you can fit an aftermarket camera a half decent one is around £40 you will also need a camera addition lead, but it does require some wiring

3 hours ago, flash22 said:

Nope, Press and hold the lower button/knob, make sure the headlights off then on-off, on-off and on-off - that's why it's called a hidden menu

Yes, you can fit an aftermarket camera a half decent one is around £40 you will also need a camera addition lead, but it does require some wiring

I’ve bought that one from the link posted  above .... it’s the same part number ....

20 hours ago, flash22 said:

86790-0H010 is correct

Bought that ...made a offer of £30 and was accepted 😀

If you have a good working camera for around 30 pounds... Life is nice 🙂

2 hours ago, haelewyn said:

If you have a good working camera for around 30 pounds... Life is nice 🙂

Got to fit it yet ! hopefully it will be ok 

It should be 1 screw, a clip and a plug, I can pull up the instructions if required

7 hours ago, flash22 said:

It should be 1 screw, a clip and a plug, I can pull up the instructions if required

I wondering how to get to it ...I’ve looked in boot ... there is a cover that comes off , I’m presuming it’s in there at the bottom ...

will my wiring just go on the new lens ?? If it’s a easy exchange , I’ll do it ..if not , I’ll have to get it done at car electrical place 

It's an original piece so the wiring and placing will be exactly the same as what is already in..

13 minutes ago, haelewyn said:

It's an original piece so the wiring and placing will be exactly the same as what is already in..

Any idea how to get the cover off inside the boot .... 

undoing the screws does not release the panel ..I don’t want to force it 

I didn't have the car for long and did not do any work on it except opening the bonnet.

I think these panels are often clipped in...
Try to get in between with a cloth or plastic covered screwdriver and see where it hangs in.
Then you can just pop it out as careful as can be.
If anybody did this themselves already, i suppose they can give you a more experienced guess.

1 hour ago, haelewyn said:

I didn't have the car for long and did not do any work on it except opening the bonnet.

I think these panels are often clipped in...
Try to get in between with a cloth or plastic covered screwdriver and see where it hangs in.
Then you can just pop it out as careful as can be.
If anybody did this themselves already, i suppose they can give you a more experienced guess.

Thank you 😊 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links