Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Toyota Touch system does my car have?

Devon RAV4

Hoping someone can help me as I am having trouble "registering my multimedia device" on the MyT app. There is a selection of Toyota Touch models to select, but not mine. The one I have looks a little like the Touch 2 with go (CY17) option, but doesn't then have the same menu options on the device. It is 2021 RAV4 Dynamic Hybrid Premium pack and has the upgraded JBL multimedia system. Any help would be greatly appreciated please...thanks

As far as I remember it was the Touch 2 with Go MM17 on mine. However, mine is not JBL and a PHEV so not sure if that makes a difference. I wouldn't have thought so.

iirc there are 2 systems MM17 and the MM19

settings - general - system information it should tell you in there

I have a self charging 2021 Excel with the JBL/PVM, but I can't find anywhere that lists the version of the MM device; on the MyToyota webpage it just says its a ToyotaTouch2Plus; looking on the device itself again nowhere that lists the device; on the software information page it has the DCU and MEU (whatever they are) one is 17TDT2EU the other 17TMT2EU. I would hazard a guess that means mine is an MM17.

An easy way to link is in car, ensure you are not logged into MyT, then in car ensure you are connected via bluetooth and allow tethering then on the head unit select SETUP then on RH menu set scroll down to ONLINE, select TOYOTA ONLINE and add your MyT user name and password, agree pop ups, so long as the car has a connection the head unit will log into your MyT once this is done select send settings this should say successful, now log back into MyT you should get a notification that a new Multimedia device has been found agree to link it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

That's a MM17

DCU - Display Control Unit AKA display audio

MEU - Media Extension Unit AKA sat nav module

42 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

An easy way to link is in car, ensure you are not logged into MyT, then in car ensure you are connected via Bluetooth and allow tethering then on the head unit select SETUP then on RH menu set scroll down to ONLINE, select TOYOTA ONLINE and add your MyT user name and password, agree pop ups, so long as the car has a connection the head unit will log into your MyT once this is done select send settings this should say successful, now log back into MyT you should get a notification that a new Multimedia device has been found agree to link it.

Yes, that's the way to do it ... get the car to do it for you - the unit itself knows exactly what it is! 🙂

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Perfect! All done and sorted. Thanks Devon Aygo - much appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links