Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Order a free of charge wall box for RAV4 Plug-in

George Dodds

Hi, I don't think I have misunderstood the post but

I've just emailed my local dealer to ask about something that has just appeared on the comments section on the bottom of the following online Toyota UK Magazine about a free wall charger, hopefully I will get some news from them soon:

https://mag.toyota.co.uk/2021-toyota-rav4-plug-in-reviews/comment-page-2/#comment-59270

Saying:

QUOTE:
684cadf3b1b133abdc196df79c3a47e0?s=64&d=ToyotaUKsays:

Hi Scott,
Thanks for your comment.
A new bulletin has just been launched for centres to walk customers through the process of ordering a free of charge wall box for the RAV4 Plug-in.
We would recommend contacting your Toyota Centre again for further information on this.  

UNQUOTE.

That’s interesting, it will be even more interesting to see what the dealer says?

The response I received, waiting to hear back from local dealer now

Hi Steve,

you are most welcome!

The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme applies to anyone who owns, leases, or has ordered a qualifying vehicle.

If you could provide me with your post code, I will be more than happy to contact your local Toyota Centre and ask them to contact you back to discuss his further.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards

Marianna

... but then all that does is refer you back to the EVHS scheme and its list of qualifying vehicles - which is still missing the RAV4 PHEV ...

Good luck ... 🤞

Yeah, doesn't seem to add up! Toyota still offer you the £350 back though if you ask. 

I'm not really sure what I'm doing yet, car hopefully due April ish 

Hi guys, I spoke to my dealership today.

The scheme is for anyone who has ordered a RAV4 PHEV.

It’s run through British Gas (Centrica) and I assume it can be backdated, especially if you threaten to cancel your order. 

It will run alongside the grant scheme and is likely to end at the same time. 

Dealer stated that if your house wiring is up to spec, there should be no charge. This will be confirmed by the installer during a site survey. 

Cheers!

I can confirm that Toyota honoured their commitment and paid me £350 in lieu of the grant. Initially that was subject to going through their sponsored scheme through BG. I didn't like the 3 chargers available so went my own way but they still paid up when I sent them a copy of the invoice.

I've have to give credit to Toyota, they didn't have to do it.

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

... but then all that does is refer you back to the EVHS scheme and its list of qualifying vehicles - which is still missing the RAV4 PHEV ...

Good luck ... 🤞

It's not just us awaiting the vehicle being added to the EVHS list, I see on a forum for the charger I have, many Tesla Model Y owners also very frustrated about waiting to be eligible for a grant. It must be incredibly frustrating having a full EV and not being able to get access to a home charger without paying full whack. At least us PHEV owners can manage on the 10a lead and the majority choose to but it's a different ball game if it takes over 30 hours for a full charge.

On 12/23/2021 at 1:59 PM, Bcc212 said:

Hi guys, I spoke to my dealership today.

The scheme is for anyone who has ordered a RAV4 PHEV.

It’s run through British Gas (Centrica) and I assume it can be backdated, especially if you threaten to cancel your order. 

It will run alongside the grant scheme and is likely to end at the same time. 

Dealer stated that if your house wiring is up to spec, there should be no charge. This will be confirmed by the installer during a site survey. 

Cheers!

Interesting, waiting to hear back 

1 hour ago, nlee said:

It's not just us awaiting the vehicle being added to the EVHS list, I see on a forum for the charger I have, many Tesla Model Y owners also very frustrated about waiting to be eligible for a grant. It must be incredibly frustrating having a full EV and not being able to get access to a home charger without paying full whack. At least us PHEV owners can manage on the 10a lead and the majority choose to but it's a different ball game if it takes over 30 hours for a full charge.

Though to be quite honest, if I could afford something around £60k for a Model Y, I wouldn't be that concerned about missing out on a £350 grant towards a charger install ... 😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nlee said:

I can confirm that Toyota honoured their commitment and paid me £350 in lieu of the grant. Initially that was subject to going through their sponsored scheme through BG. I didn't like the 3 chargers available so went my own way but they still paid up when I sent them a copy of the invoice.

Hi. Which charger did you choose in the end ? 

15 minutes ago, George Dodds said:

Hi. Which charger did you choose in the end ? 

Hypervolt 2.0. Impressed so far although there are a few glitches with the app at the moment. Service is superb though. I contacted them by email with a question and they called me back within a minute of pressing send!

I put a photo and some comments in another post.

5 hours ago, nlee said:

Hi. Which charger did you go for in the end and why was it a better model than BG’s one. 

4 hours ago, philip42h said:

Though to be quite honest, if I could afford something around £60k for a Model Y, I wouldn't be that concerned about missing out on a £350 grant towards a charger install ... 😉

I thought Tesla buyers in particular and EV buyers generally buy them to save the planet…. so I don’t get why BEV owners seem so fixated on grants here and cheap electric there. 

Well, they are somewhat expensive, so perhaps we need to make some economies where we can 🙂

43 minutes ago, IanML said:

Well, they are somewhat expensive, so perhaps we need to make some economies where we can 🙂

Fully agree 👍 Merry Xmas 🎅 

I don't think anyone truly buys any EV to 'save the planet'... Anyone serious about reducing their impact on the planet wouldn't own a car full stop. Right now the only real reasons are as a status symbol or if they're willing to eat the huge up-front cost in favour of much lower on-going costs because they intend to keep the car for a long time and can charge at home.

• Like 1

Did anyone get anywhere with this? This is the response i received, just sounds like the £350 grant she's talking about 

Hi Steve,

you are most welcome!

The Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme applies to anyone who owns, leases, or has ordered a qualifying vehicle.

If you could provide me with your post code, I will be more than happy to contact your local Toyota Centre and ask them to contact you back to discuss his further.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Kind regards

Marianna

• Like 1

My free charger is on order, hopefully installed in next couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

My free charger is on order, hopefully installed in next couple of weeks. 

Hi.....I noticed that the £0 quote you get from British Gas assumes the OZEV grant has been applied. As the RAV4 isn't on the government list doesn't that mean we would have to stump up the £350?

2 minutes ago, Steve169 said:

How did you get that ordered? 

Hi Steve

You ring your dealer and he will email BG.....then you will recieve an email from Local Heroes (AKA BG) asking a few questions and then you book a video call with sn engineer to assess the location etc....I haven't ordered yet because I have asked my dealer about the £350 OZEV grant and whether we have to pay it. The charger is quoted as free assuming OZEV grant applied.....hence my question on previous post

42 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Hi Steve

You ring your dealer and he will email BG.....then you will recieve an email from Local Heroes (AKA BG) asking a few questions and then you book a video call with sn engineer to assess the location etc....I haven't ordered yet because I have asked my dealer about the £350 OZEV grant and whether we have to pay it. The charger is quoted as free assuming OZEV grant applied.....hence my question on previous post

Hi, which model of charger did you go for? thanks. 

2 hours ago, George Dodds said:

Hi, which model of charger did you go for? thanks. 

When I went through the online process only the Hive charger (The Alfen Eve Single S-line charger) was offered, didn't see an option for any other. Haven't ordered yet as still waiting for the dealer to respond re the OZEV grant.

Just seen an advert for an MG electric vehicle with a £1,500 grant for an electric charger, I don't understand that works as I thought it was limited to £350 ?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links