Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY21 and M22

frazthewise

I am just a little confused. My dealer tells me my Corolla 2.0L Sports Tourer in Excel trim will be manufactured on 28th January. The Toyota chat tells me it will MY22 specification, whereas the dealer thinks, as it was ordered in September, will be as ordered in MY21 spec. Does the manufacturing process allow MY21 and MY22 to run along side each other. Of course I hope for MY22. Any definitive answers available out there folks? Thank you.

From the details that Devon Aygo (who works for a Toyota dealer) shared of a Toyota bulletin in the following topic, which provides some production details, I would be inclined to go with his information:

At the end of the day though you will get what you get.

• Thanks 1

Production MY21.5 stops in December, so fingers crossed I get MY22 🤞🙏. Will let everyone know in March, when it is delivered.

Was wondering the same. Ordered late September, with initial mid December delivery which shifted to end of January. Nothing yet in MyT app so hoping for MY22, the dealer isn’t sure and is not promising MY22. We’ll see when it gets here

• Like 1

So that is two of us wondering!!! We will have to exchange updates!!

Yessir. I honestly don’t care about any of the changes except wireless CarPlay. 

funny thing is, the lady at the dealership initially said that yes, it’ll be a MY22 but a few weeks later back down to cannot promise anything. 

• Like 1

When I ordered my 2.0 TS  back in September 2019 it arrived on 24th January 2020. It was a MY20 spec. So a good chance September orders will be MY22.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, bigblock said:

When I ordered my 2.0 TS  back in September 2019 it arrived on 24th January 2020. It was a MY20 spec. So a good chance September orders will be MY22.

Very reassuring, thank you for sharing this.

I had a car in order and dealer told me that it would be a my21 model and a my22 mode in a different colour would be available earlier

there is a way to get into the backend of the myt tracker to get more info re your vehicle and it was actually scheduled to arrive a month before the dealer claimed it would but it would seem to be a my21 model (from the vehicle ID number which I then compared to a parts list comparing the infotainment unit though it may have been incorrect the last bit)

for more info re your order

check out this post:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links