Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Anyone In Or Near Derby?

Fizz

Got a new position at work today! :D Supporting a new system which is in place now at a branch in Derby... :yes:

So they are giving me a company car to go down in for training purposes... :thumbsup:

Now i dont know anyone in that area and just really wanna know if there is much to do there... :bookworm:

Its not that bad a place. There are quite a few things to do there and the nightlife is pretty good. Also its like 5 minutes from the countryside in most directions !!

shame i wont have my MR2 with me.. :(

Probably gonna be in a Golf TDi

I live in Derby. Not the best town in the world but not that bad either. Best thing about it is its proximity to the Peak District - good for walking.

If you want a night on the tiles, get someone to point you at Irongate, Sadlergate and Friargate. Tons of pubs and Bars.

Having said that I think the best beer is up by the station in the Brunswick pub - it's got it's own micro-brewery. Not very trendy but bl**dy good beer.

Want a curry? get up Normanton road or, if you want up market, try the Jewel of India near the City Hospital. Not bad at all.

Would give you a look round the Prius but on holiday the week you're in the area.

Don't be tempted to go the the local Toyota dealer - stick your head in a fire bucket or something - much more fulfilling experience! :thumbsup:

Where abouts in the town (city, sorry) you going?

Cheers for the info Braindead...

Will help a lot.. :yes:

and thanks to the others for replyin.. :)

Not been out in Derby for ages!

Usually hit Mansfield, Chesterfield or...... erm.... Ripley.

Chesterfield

*shudder* :ph34r:

Ripley......not Tonkas pleeeasssee dont say you have been there lol!!!!

My local :)

Got to be better than the White Lion in Ripley - that's like Jurassic Park!

Which one of you lot was I talking to at JAE who was from Alfreton? It was on the Saturday night when we came across to your tent and we were all bladdered?!

Well... the gits have given me a deisel Saxo to go down in!!! :(

they would not allow me to take my tubby!... :(

Im setting off int he morning and so probably wont have internet access untill i return on Thursday night...

Not been out in Derby for ages!

Usually hit Mansfield, Chesterfield or...... erm.... Ripley.

we wil hit Derby when I come down dude... we had some good drinkage sessions when I lived there.

Which one of you lot was I talking to at JAE who was from Alfreton? It was on the Saturday night when we came across to your tent and we were all bladdered?!

That would be me chap!

Regal and Tonkas in Ripley are great!

im back... man.. having meals on ya tod aint all that fun but the food was damn nice in the Carvery...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links