Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV Tools….

Flatcoat

With a Dynamic Premium - what should I have? I appreciate there is no spare wheel however No sign of anything, no jack, no wheelbrace…. no ???? Or does the specifying a sunroof render the car puncture proof….. 

You should have a towing eye and nothing else (I believe) ...

You don't have a spare wheel, so you don't need wheel changing tools - they just add unnecessary weight. If you have a problem, call the AA and let them sort it - other roadside recovery services are available.

Or, yes, I was rather surprised too! 😉

You think Toyota would supply a jack so you can rotate your tyres as recommended in the manual.

Not everyone wants to rotate wheels themselves, so they wouldn’t need the extra cost nor weight. Buy a scissor jack yourself. Nor do I want to be changing wheels (puncture), that’s why I join Start Rescue.

just stating an alternative opinion, there is always an alternative thought.

39 minutes ago, robo1 said:

You think Toyota would supply a jack so you can rotate your tyres as recommended in the manual.

Think through the scissor jack routine for rotating wheels.  

1.  Slacken nuts - jack car - remove wheel 

2. Slacken nuts -......... 

Unless you have a spare wheel or axle stands you will be operating that jack like..... on boat race night 😁

If you do want to DIY you need a minimum of two jacks but better a trolley jack and axle stands. 

Just go to a tyre shop, few quid, job done.  I paid about £50 for tyre swap summer to winter, just doing wheels should be coffee money. 

• Like 1

Roy. I should have remembered you don’t have a spare wheel to use🤯.
I’ve got a spare from a previous RAV. Not having a spare or space saver is a no no for me. Could be waiting hours for the recovery services assuming you’ve have a mobile signal.

• Haha 1

robo, I have a spare and a trolley jack but I shall ask the garage to do the rotation next month.  Even using the spare and jack would be a pain.  Sadly I got rid of my axle stands on house move. 

Agree, no spare could be a 100% ation factor. Even a space saver is less than ideal.  As related earlier, a puncture at Southampton necessitated a 100 mile journey through France until I found a garage with a suitable replacement and the willingness to change it. It also required me to put the u/s tyre in the back seat with the children as it would not fit in the SS stowage.  SAAB helpfully provided a bag. 

My Corolla has a full size tyre well.  Obvious solution is to buy a steel wheel and get a garage to swap that spare rubber when tyres are changed. 

Thanks for responses. We tow so a space saver is of limited benefit, not suitable for use if towing. I will ask the dealer about the towing eye and source a wherlbrace and jack. I may still have an old small bottle jack that might be safer than using a scissor jack (never really trust them) and less bulk and weight than carrying a trolley jack. 

7 minutes ago, Flatcoat said:

Thanks for responses. We tow so a space saver is of limited benefit, not suitable for use if towing. I will ask the dealer about the towing eye and source a wherlbrace and jack. I may still have an old small bottle jack that might be safer than using a scissor jack (never really trust them) and less bulk and weight than carrying a trolley jack. 

Towing eye was in a plastic bag with mine. It was either in the glove box or with the charging leads. It wasn't in it's slot so worth having a look in other hiding places!

Also no tools provided. I asked the question previously when I got mine as other cars with gunk and pump still had them (not that I used them!)

Flatcoat, I would disagree about the space saver and towing. 

First you are as likely to experience a flat when not towing as otherwise. Second, if you have a flat while towing that a inflator cannot fix, fit the space saver and tow to a safe place.  Then at least you can enjoy a cuppa in safety. You can then unhitch and drive to get it fixed. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links