Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Electric handbrake

Squidge

Any1 know if f you can buy the electric handbrake cables separately if they snap or fray. 2012 estate 

Thought it would be,seems 1side works other side doesn’t.i heard a bang noise after I put handbrake on,this happened 4 hours after mot😳

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Squidge said:

Thought it would be,seems 1side works other side doesn’t.i heard a bang noise after I put handbrake on,this happened 4 hours after mot😳

i thought maybe you could just strip the module and replace the wires yourself not sure i never looked to find out this but its mad if wire snaps then have to buy the whole module 😞

Are you sure the cable is broke? And not just the retaining split pin that's broken in the caliper. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It’s not the cable that’s broke it’s come off at the end we’re it like a fork bit1AC2E09B-E9B6-4C17-ABF8-0D2E754C8ED3.thumb.jpeg.8f8c11ab5ea2d08ffd71de836419ad9e.jpeg

That’s what Steveirl was referring to.

• Like 1

It's the clevis pin it usually has a clip/split pin through it, it may have rotted off

Pin 90240-08059

Clip 90468-14017

Click to enlarge

940112549_T270rearcaliper.thumb.jpg.56d82e06a52b21d96356f5b527a082ca.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2022 at 8:26 PM, 2009joe said:

i thought maybe you could just strip the module and replace the wires yourself not sure i never looked to find out this but its mad if wire snaps then have to buy the whole module 😞

You have to buy the full module at £700 from Toyota,or second hand between 250-3ton🙄,mechanic welded it back on for £30 and it’s perfect now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Squidge said:

You have to buy the full module at £700 from Toyota,or second hand between 250-3ton🙄,mechanic welded it back on for £30 and it’s perfect now.

so you took it out and fixed it yourself with a mechanic welding on the broken part was it shorter when you got it welded back together again .great idea that at least it saved you alot of money just welding it back together again 

On the picture the fork bit must connect somewhere,so I wouldn’t think it’s been shortened,done the job tho.

• 8 months later...

I've a 2011 toyota avensis on the dash board it shows parking brake inoperable it was working on and off for awhile the parking Brake Stopped Working Any 1 any ideas On what the problem might be

41 minutes ago, Curtis123 said:

I've a 2011 toyota avensis on the dash board it shows parking brake inoperable it was working on and off for awhile the parking Brake Stopped Working Any 1 any ideas On what the problem might be

by chance is it the cable plug that goes into the maf as i forgot to connect that cable one time changing my air filter and that happened 

Thanks for replying where about is the cable that goes into the maf...even when the switch didn't work when I knocked off the car the handbrake automatically came on but when I bought a switch and brought it to the garage when they put in the new switch it still never worked and handbrake completely stopped the handbrake won't automatically come on anymore when I turn off the car the garage man couldn't figure it out

5 minutes ago, Curtis123 said:

Thanks for replying where about is the cable that goes into the maf...even when the switch didn't work when I knocked off the car the handbrake automatically came on but when I bought a switch and brought it to the garage when they put in the new switch it still never worked and handbrake completely stopped the handbrake won't automatically come on anymore when I turn off the car the garage man couldn't figure it out

its the plug thats connected to the air filter thats the maf

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links