Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Converting import lhd for UK.

GaryTuck

Hi.   Apologies if this has been dealt with in the past..couldn't find a thread.

I'm curious if I can swap reverse light and fog light to comply with UK regs without buying complete rear light assemblies.  Have to install new front light assemblies so hoping to avoid same for rear!  Any advice appreciated.  

Thank you.

7 minutes ago, GaryTuck said:

Hi.   Apologies if this has been dealt with in the past..couldn't find a thread.

I'm curious if I can swap reverse light and fog light to comply with UK regs without buying complete rear light assemblies.  Have to install new front light assemblies so hoping to avoid same for rear!  Any advice appreciated.  

Thank you.

I was intending to import my Yaris to Spain Gary (reverse of what you are doing) and Toyota Harlech attended to my rears.

The Fog light was moved over and there were two Reversing Lights ,so no change needed.

Sadly, I now have a Brand New set of Gen 3 LH Headlamps to dispose of as due to ill-health, I am keeping the car here in U.K.

unless its something special, don't bother the LHD market is very small in the UK, any resale is limited, new/used front and rear lights at a min you will need to rewire - then all the paperwork to make it UK legal if It's still on its foreign plates dont forget you will also need a uk insurance policy, tax it and pay the duty on it, as its LHD its classed as a import so it will be more to insure

not 100% but the rear reflectors in the lights may be different they are listed as LHD and RHD specific

sell the car and get an RHD upgrade

8 minutes ago, flash22 said:

unless its something special, don't bother the LHD market is very small in the UK, any resale is limited, new/used front and rear lights at a min you will need to rewire - then all the paperwork to make it UK legal if It's still on its foreign plates dont forget you will also need a uk insurance policy, tax it and pay the duty on it, as its LHD its classed as a import so it will be more to insure

not 100% but the rear reflectors in the lights may be different they are listed as LHD and RHD specific

sell the car and get an RHD upgrade

Exactly what I was thinking to be honest.   A lot of work/expenditure for little return.  Thank you for your reply.

29 minutes ago, john p williams said:

I was intending to import my Yaris to Spain Gary (reverse of what you are doing) and Toyota Harlech attended to my rears.

The Fog light was moved over and there were two Reversing Lights ,so no change needed.

Sadly, I now have a Brand New set of Gen 3 LH Headlamps to dispose of as due to ill-health, I am keeping the car here in U.K.

29 minutes ago, john p williams said:

I suspect I will be buying local!  Thank you.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links