Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

LED bulb for boot light

Trewithy

I had both. They don't last long. Get the Philips led wedge bulbs. I've tried plenty of lights. Led etc. All don't last. I've philips on my number plate bulb. It's lasted 2 year and still going. The cheap lens I had lasted few months. Worth the small investment.

• Thanks 1

Brightness in the boot of my corolla 1.2 icon sporting tourer (non-hybrid) is awful. One single dim lamp low down on right side.

Needs design change for one large lamp in the middle, next to the rear hatch door hinges.

I'm changing mine with https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293186702840  . Philips are more expensive, but more reliable and with longevity.

• Like 1

I changed mine with the OSRAM LEDriving® SL 2825DWP W5W 12V LED. 

At the same time, I realised, that the housing of the lamp is actually black. That is very bad for light reflectivity. So I glued kitchen alu foil on the inside of the black housing, making DIY reflector. Now this alu foil is reflecting much more light, that would instead be absorbed by the black housing. It did make quite a difference. Positioning of the light is still not good, but light output is now better.

• Like 1

Obviously trying to force us to upgrade in spec to get the led strips and avoid the hopeless normal boot light. 💲💲💰💰(Half joking)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links