Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Burned lamps H11 OSRAM

xrhstosgr

Good Evening A few hours ago, after dark, putting the car in front and turning on the lights on the middle staircase, suddenly and after a bright red light, they burned out - both H11 bulbs of the 5000k led type lit up at the same time. I have the bulbs in use for 23 months, about 400 hours Is this normal? Is anyone lucky enough to have this event? Your views and answers will be extremely helpful I quote photos Thank you

H11 OSRAM.jpg

H11.jpg

Yes, happened once to me too on one of the lights after many hours of use. H11 a good choice of bulbs are Phillips eco vision , these are the longest lasting bulbs available and does make a good light, not the brightest but good enough 👍 

• Like 1

Πριν από 21 ώρες, η TonyHSD είπε:

Ναι, συνέβη και σε μια φορά σε ένα από τα φώτα μετά από πολλές ώρες χρήσης. H11 μια καλή επιλογή λαμπτήρων είναι η Phillips eco vision, αυτοί είναι οι λαμπτήρες με τη μεγαλύτερη διάρκεια ζωής που είναι διαθέσιμοι και κάνουν καλό φως, όχι το πιο φωτεινό αλλά αρκετά καλό👍 

thanks friend

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Here the bulbs I use as these has the longest life but also a good light temperature and light pattern. Interestingly the newer bulb is brighter than the older one, I noticed that previously when replacing but was other way around, perhaps the different batches of bulbs has some sort of acceptable tolerance for light brightness or something I don’t know but here is noticeable L is new and R is the older 6 months old bulb and many hours of work. 

28DE7A71-5C6B-4E1E-B41D-E71B26F6E00B.jpeg

AB5732F1-70FD-49FB-9528-F2B157A842E2.jpeg

2E49B6D2-D38D-4ECB-BE1A-A2D3B55F5766.jpeg

Halogen bulbs do get dimmer with age

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Halogen bulbs do get dimmer with age

I know they do indeed , however happens before when I replace one bulb and the new one is dimmer than the old, which is strange, most of the time is as you said older is dimmer than the new one. Probably soon will replace the right bulb too and will see how will it be. 👍

When a headlight bulb burns, changing both, L and R is advisable.

In this way you have both bulbs at same intensity and appropriate life span.

1 hour ago, tavy said:

When a headlight bulb burns, changing both, L and R is advisable.

In this way you have both bulbs at same intensity and appropriate life span.

You are right, soon it will go the other one too and I have replacement ready waiting. When one goes the other follow 2-3 weeks later. I drive only at night and even these does not last more than a 6 months 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

On 25th of March the other bulb has gone too , 3 weeks after the first one. I think will keep changing them separately not as pair just to make sure they go off at different days as sometimes weather is bad and I can’t change bulbs on the road., apart from that it’s an easy job 💡👌

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links