Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2022 Yaris cross LTA question

182_blue

Hi, my wife has just taken delivery of her new Yaris Cross and I went for a drive in it, I turned off the LTA (think that's the name, the one that controls the steering wheel if you move out of lane etc), what I did notice though was when I drive it later it had automatically turned itself back on?!, is this normal on the newer cars, my year old Rav4 turns off and stays off?. 

I have tried both the LTA button and turning it off in settings. 

TIA

24 minutes ago, 182_blue said:

Hi, my wife has just taken delivery of her new Yaris Cross and I went for a drive in it, I turned off the LTA (think that's the name, the one that controls the steering wheel if you move out of lane etc), what I did notice though was when I drive it later it had automatically turned itself back on?!, is this normal on the newer cars, my year old Rav4 turns off and stays off?. 

I have tried both the LTA button and turning it off in settings. 

Yes, that's the way it is. You can turn it off by a long press on the LTA button, but it comes on again at start up.

If, as I suspect, your Yaris Cross is set to "beep" as the warning, then you can switch that to "steering wheel vibration". This is the option I have chosen, and now I hardly notice a thing with the LTA working. Frankly, where I drive most of the time I find it useful, it corrects for minor lapses of attention on sweeping bends, etc.

306206194_LTAVibrcopy.thumb.jpg.e40ca7d53bb9d8c87095e2763554a04a.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, I have my LTA on as well, vibrate, it’s quite gentle in my car.

• Like 1

OK, as long as that's normal for the Yaris, I just thought it unusual when my Rav4 can be turned off permanently. 

20 minutes ago, 182_blue said:

OK, as long as that's normal for the Yaris, I just thought it unusual when my Rav4 can be turned off permanently. 

Yep, that's the way it is, RAV4 has autolock doors, too.

4 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

Yep, that's the way it is, RAV4 has autolock doors, too.

I did mean to check this, the Yaris doesn't auto lock then?, I didn't notice when I drove it. 

I was also told it would have sill plates but it didn't have these either so I purchased some. 

Yaris IV doesn't auto lock.

If you had it written down with the order for the sill plates, the dealer should have fitted them on delivery. I specifically added sill plates, rear load protector and the mud flaps, if you can call them that, when ordering. These are dealer fit options. The mud flaps don't look like much, but are surprisingly effective.

3 minutes ago, Stopeter44 said:

Yaris IV doesn't auto lock.

If you had it written down with the order for the sill plates, the dealer should have fitted them on delivery. I specifically added sill plates, rear load protector and the mud flaps, if you can call them that, when ordering. These are dealer fit options. The mud flaps don't look like much, but are surprisingly effective.

Well I saw it on the Toyota magazine website, it said all Yaris cross's came with them which of course they don't. 

I have also added the mudflaps but did it myself as they only cost £38 for the whole set. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links