Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Installed My Cabin/pollen Filter.

theWizard

Further to my earlier post http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19382 i contacted Mr T who said there was none for it.

So i set about installing one myself.

The air intake is at the passenger side of the car beside the wiper motor and being even 10 stone i could not get my arm in far enough to jam a filter in there.

I removed the glove box; 2 screws inside the lid at the top corners and 2 screws outside at the lower corners. I had to remove the kick panel and another panel above the door sill to reveal the left lower screw.

a.jpg

You should now see 3 sections. Remove the 4 large screw as illistrated in a purple x with a star screw driver or a 10mm spanner. There is a clip marked by a green x , flick it up with a flat screwdriver. There is also a ceramic block (not illistated), to be removed with 2 small screws. Use a slight bit of force to pull the sectin out.

You should now be able to jam in a filter half ways between where the white ceramic block sits and the heater controls section as these will both get hot.

I used a filter from a Peugeot 405. The width of it was fine but had to cut it to length. I drilled 2 holes at the side of the section facing the rear and the side facing the front of the car and screwed in a screw in each to hold the filter in place to prevent it from being blowen toward the heater controls. Use insulting or duct tape to seal around the edges.

Approx size of filter needed; Width 170-(175 maximum) X length 195-205mm.

I now have the inside of my car cleaned so the dash now won't be ladden with dust and dirt.

Whoops! Sorry tried to upload a larger one but kept getting "dynamic pages" error, what ever that is, anyone know?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links