Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wing Mirror indicator lens

diane

Hi. I have a damaged wing mirror - driver's side, there is a crack in the tip of the lens. Can somebody please tell me if it is possible to get this part without replacing the whole mirror? My garage seemed to think only the whole item was available. Many thanks. 

See Parts-King's post of the 25th January in the following topic:

• Thanks 1

Yes you can, I think Toyota charge 25 pound each but I got them of eBay for 10 pounds free delivery.

• Thanks 1

It's quite a while since I took the door mirror cover off to get access, I think there are instructions in the owner's manual if you have the full version. (Which is downloadable for free from the Toyota GB website, if you haven't.) Worth a look if you were thinking of doing this yourself. 

The mirror and its cover looks like this underneath:-

1641733294_s-l1600(4).thumb.jpg.961be08502dd54fd7d27502d71327907.jpg

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.85c1f64ec418b13018023a6c4a0d197f.jpg

• Thanks 1

Also worth checking the wiring is where it should be too it would seem:

FAULT:

We have a 2013 Toyota Auris in for service and the customer has complained that the retractable door mirrors are slow to fold in. We have tested them and they do indeed seem to be slow in operation. We have lubricated the moving parts but have seen no improvement.

FIX:

The Auris model suffers with the fault you described and it is due to the door mirror wiring harness being incorrectly routed. Remove the door mirror cover. Ensure the wiring harness is not trapped under the door mirror housing moulding edge in the area indicated in Fig 1. Re-route the door mirror wiring harness as necessary. Ensure the wiring harness has adequate free play. Repeat the procedure for the opposite side. Re-check the operation of the retractable door mirrors.

Retractable Door Mirrors Slow to Fold in – Toyota Auris

https://pmmonline.co.uk/technical/retractable-door-mirrors-slow-to-fold-in-toyota-auris/

Part numbers for indicators are:

offside - 81730-02110, nearside - 81740-02020

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links