Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car not ready to drive message

Swanthecat

The ‘sports’ setting apparently does something with the gear shifting but like everything else this defaults to off every time you switch the car off

38 minutes ago, Swanthecat said:

The ‘sports’ setting apparently does something with the gear shifting but like everything else this defaults to off every time you switch the car off

I meant to say imt function, (rev match when changing gears). I am not sure if your car has that but here it’s on this video: 

45 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I meant to say imt function, (rev match when changing gears). I am not sure if your car has that but here it’s on this video: 

Yes it does. The iMT light illuminates when in sports mode but defaults to off when the car is switched off

• Thanks 1

Just to be clear....1.2L petrol turbo Icon Tech TS doesn't have a dedicated iMT button to press, its automatically selected in SPORT mode only to help you stop crunching gears. Defaults to off when the car is switched off.  Modes ECO and NORMAL enable you crunch gears as much as you like😀. However we are not solving Swanthecat's or my problem as his garage diagnosis  came up with nothing.....disappointing😩. Are there any other 1.2L petrol turbo owners out there that do start their cars confidently , first time?

Does the car take a long time to heat up or the heater takes a long while to come through ?

2 hours ago, flash22 said:

Does the car take a long time to heat up or the heater takes a long while to come through ?

No absolutely no issues like that. All systems appear normal until you turn the key then nothing. Everything works fine. 

Is it on its original Battery ? If so, get the Battery properly load tested off the car - if the voltage drops below a threshold when the engine isn't running the car may fail to run all its tests (I/M readiness monitors) not 100% on the 1.2 but one or more may run when the car is off

Batteries are cheap enough for a non-hybrid (027) as long as it hasn't got stop/start

• Thanks 1

• 8 months later...

My lovely new Aygo X was bought on 22 September 2022.  Love it to bits, all going well,  UNTIL  for the 4th time recently I got the message  Not Ready to Drive. Mine is the manual Exclusive model as I have always had a manual car.  This unexpected message causes me lengthy problems:   After many attempts it then starts and performs as normal.   VERY worrying.    Any advice please?    After reading some comments I am thinking it may be the clutch switch ???    HELP PLEASE!   Jean Unsworth

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeanieUns said:

My lovely new Aygo X was bought on 22 September 2022.  Love it to bits, all going well,  UNTIL  for the 4th time recently I got the message  Not Ready to Drive. Mine is the manual Exclusive model as I have always had a manual car.  This unexpected message causes me lengthy problems:   After many attempts it then starts and performs as normal.   VERY worrying.    Any advice please?    After reading some comments I am thinking it may be the clutch switch ???    HELP PLEASE!   Jean Unsworth

I would get your Battery tested to make sure it is fully charged. Since I have used mine more regularly post lockdown it seems to be behaving itself. Maybe with the colder weather and lights, heater etc. on more it is not as high as it should be?

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links