Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV Multimedia

Hayzee

Want to register my multimedia system in the MyT app for my Rav4 PHEV. Can you tell me which version it is in my PHEV? I know it's a Touch 2 with Go but there are 3 choices for registering, Touch 2 with go (CY17), then Gen1 and gen2. Thanks.

Note to managment: I inadvertently also posted this in the C-HR Club forum....Sorry

• Like 1

I think, contrary to what you would think, that it actually is :

Touch 2 with go (CY17)

• Thanks 1

I believe that the best plan is to log-in to your Toyota account from the multimedia system (i.e. set up Toyota Online) and let it register itself ... 😉

I'm pretty sure that is what I did but it's a while ago now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Want to register my multimedia system in the MyT app for my Rav4 PHEV. Can you tell me which version it is in my PHEV? I know it's a Touch 2 with Go but there are 3 choices for registering, Touch 2 with go (CY17), then Gen1 and gen2. Thanks.

Note to managment: I inadvertently also posted this in the C-HR Club forum....Sorry

I ve tried to register to but couldent make it happen.

Did You managed/find out how to do?

Where do I find ID for navigator/multimedia ?(my phone ask for that)

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

I believe that the best plan is to log-in to your Toyota account from the multimedia system (i.e. set up Toyota Online) and let it register itself ... 😉

I'm pretty sure that is what I did but it's a while ago now.

Tried that but couldnt make anything happen

7 minutes ago, HSDish said:

Tried that but couldnt make anything happen

IIRC I needed to connect up the wifi - I used my home wifi but a mobile hotspot should do - and then simply logged in to Toyota Online using the same credentials used for My Toyota and MyT.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, philip42h said:

IIRC I needed to connect up the wifi - I used my home wifi but a mobile hotspot should do - and then simply logged in to Toyota Online using the same credentials used for My Toyota and MyT.

I´ll try tomorrow again (it´s allmost midnight here in Sweden +1h from You I guess) 

Otherwise I guess I have to wisit my local dealer for help

I did mine exactly as Philip did his, but once it's logged into the system to register it can take time for the Toyota servers to complete the process so don't repeat. I just left it feeling it had not worked and later it had connected and showed that in the MyT app.

• Thanks 1

I tried again but myT app says I got no I net connection on my phone, though I can connect to this forum and other www

2 hours ago, HSDish said:

I tried again but myT app says I got no I net connection on my phone, though I can connect to this forum and other www

Luke

I successfully registered by following this tutorial. As previously mentioned the system to choose when asked in the MyT app is the Touch 2 with Go (CY17)

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kucyk said:

What's the point of registering it? What do you get?

It enables a further set of online services

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Luke

I successfully registered by following this tutorial. As previously mentioned the system to choose when asked in the MyT app is the Touch 2 with Go (CY17)

... and that should work.

I used this guide and my home wifi network: How To activate online navigation connected services_tcm-3060-1806232.pdf

And then went to My Toyota rather than MyT to finish off - i.e. I didn't both with the MyT app at this point at all ...

• Thanks 1

Thanks to all

Suddenly, after several hours it seems to work.

• Like 1

It’s what happened to me, set it up nothing then next day it all locked in place, I think it’s a server issue, registering the car, multimedia etc.

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 2:14 PM, ernieb said:

It’s what happened to me, set it up nothing then next day it all locked in place, I think it’s a server issue, registering the car, multimedia etc.

It would be helpful if Toyota explained that there could be a delay in the system (we should have moved on from the mushroom syndrome!).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

It would be helpful if Toyota explained that there could be a delay in the system (we should have moved on from the mushroom syndrome!).

I've wondered if it's related to inputs, matching build data serial numbers, from various areas and therefor computers systems being updated in different time zones and then updating your Toyota/MyT account.  Whatever it's frustrating when typically now a days registration/authentications takes seconds with a 'ding' in the mail box almost simutaniously with hitting the return key. As you say a simple pop us saying that there might be a delay in the registartion being updated in the MyT app would be useful. 

That's the benefit of using this type of forum many have been before you and saves you taking a hammer to the device in frustration.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links