Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange bit of Toyota design

Yugguy1970

No worries with splash on anything under bonnet except air intake for obvious reasons. Anything electrical it’s water tight. When driving in heavy rain and go over water paddles, or when you wash your engine there is much more water going all over, I do both of these and no problems at all.
My last engine wash I used as much water as I was washing the exterior 💦🌊😂 The biggest enemy to car components it’s not the rain water or coolant but the salt that been thrown all over during winter months., this combination with rain and the moisture of the air makes trouble as the car been driven through the sea or been washed with Battery acid 🤐

• Like 2

6 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

No worries with splash on anything under bonnet except air intake for obvious reasons. Anything electrical it’s water tight. When driving in heavy rain and go over water paddles, or when you wash your engine there is much more water going all over, I do both of these and no problems at all.
My last engine wash I used as much water as I was washing the exterior 💦🌊😂 The biggest enemy to car components it’s not the rain water or coolant but the salt that been thrown all over during winter months., this combination with rain and the moisture of the air makes trouble as the car been driven through the sea or been washed with battery acid 🤐

Would you use a power washer on the engine bay Tony??

10 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Would you use a power washer on the engine bay Tony??

Oh yes, even I remove the plastic cover on top of the engine and sprayed some tfr, brush it with soft brush then jet wash with my karcher. Coils, high voltage cables, 12v plugs on all other electronics like abs, brake pump, ecu’s,, all around radiator fans, everything. Under bonnet cover too but from longer distance as it gets easily damage. I do that at least once a year as protection against rust. Also when I wash in winter months I do spray a lots of water on suspension front and rear, shocks, springs and all bushes plus arms, if I had the car from new and doing so would have been better preserved but even so still ok for another year or two. 👍 Here from last December just before mot test. Btw after each car wash I open bonnet and dry the shuts, the bonnet and all around that water has entered, it keeps the engine bay nice and clean and it’s kind of a pleasure when open it for regular weekly  inspection.👌

087426F4-F16F-414E-9E2A-50403B2C519A.jpeg

23 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Oh yes, even I remove the plastic cover on top of the engine and sprayed some tfr, brush it with soft brush then jet wash with my karcher. Coils, high voltage cables, 12v plugs on all other electronics like abs, brake pump, ecu’s,, all around radiator fans, everything. Under bonnet cover too but from longer distance as it gets easily damage. I do that at least once a year as protection against rust. Also when I wash in winter months I do spray a lots of water on suspension front and rear, shocks, springs and all bushes plus arms, if I had the car from new and doing so would have been better preserved but even so still ok for another year or two. 👍 Here from last December just before mot test. Btw after each car wash I open bonnet and dry the shuts, the bonnet and all around that water has entered, it keeps the engine bay nice and clean and it’s kind of a pleasure when open it for regular weekly  inspection.👌

087426F4-F16F-414E-9E2A-50403B2C519A.jpeg

Wow I would be scared witless to chance to do that, because with so much technology in modern car’s, well done you 👏👏

11 minutes ago, Bernard Foy said:

Wow I would be scared witless to chance to do that, because with so much technology in modern car’s, well done you 👏👏

No problems at all, the trick is to let the engine running for 5 min before wash and then dry out everything and after the whole car is finished leave engine running for another 15 min to make sure all is nice and dry. Most important to cover air intake before spraying with water. Job done  

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links