Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Job

GT4 BOOSTER

started a new job last week , making and testing the circuit boards of air bags , one of the main customers is TOYOTA .and i'm knackered :lol:

do you test all of them, or just some of them?

all the %$(ers , for fiat , toyota , vw ,ferrari , pretty much every one except for nissan . they are even baked at 40 degrees then cooled down to below zero for 4 to 9 hours , then hurled forward in a machine to simulate the crash effect , its pretty interesting for now :lol:

Interesting? blimey I hated it when I worked in a test lab, I was testing military power supplies, worked on some very significant stuff and damn they were expensive, some of em were in the region of 800 quid for something which just stablised the voltage, the really complex ones for the euro fighter were 22 23 grand!!

If they are actually checking every single PCB then it no wonder the airbag assembly is so expensive then, probably about a quids worth of bits and 50 quid labour :huh:

With the environmental testing are they doing that with all of them?

With ours we needed to as they needed to be certified for flight, we tested from 80degrees C down to -35 degrees C and they had to work all the time, under full load and be able to start up too.

yes all go plus 40 then minus 40 , the fails show up on the next tests, which are repaired a maximum of 3 times then scrapped off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links