Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel consumption

Taxi100

Just purchased a 1.6 D4D avensis 2016 and around the doors I'm getting app 40mpg ,is this about right .

I did expect a bit more TBH

Honest John actual figures for Avensis 2016 1.6d is 46.9 (2.0 d is 46.7). 

things to consider

how long was the journey and how did you measure the fuel consumption.            
tyre pressures.           
last service         
air filter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taxi100 said:

Just purchased a 1.6 D4D avensis 2016 and around the doors I'm getting app 40mpg ,is this about right .

I did expect a bit more TBH

Tbh mine I think I get 36mpg it's a 2014 2.0 d4d busines EDT and tbh sometimes less .guess it is what it is joys of having a Toyota 

Must admit I'd expected it to be more in the 50's, but this is one of the problems with all modern diesels - All the emissions control junk they've bolted on lowers their base efficiency, and they really need to be run hot to get good mpg, but the whole car is geared to keep rpms low which means the engine never gets hot. Even the shift indicators come on far too early and lug the engine (I always tell people to ignore them and shift when they feel is right, not when the car tells them to)

The only time modern diesels really get good mpg is on long motorway runs where they can really stretch their legs.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links