Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

PHEV charging

George Dodds

I’m charging my PHEV Battery and it says 100% charged but still wants to charge for another 50 minutes (Toyota app) I don’t know if I should stop charging or gain anything by waiting another 50 minutes?  Any advice appreciated, thanks. 

Why would you unplug it btw? I guess if you need the car, go ahead, but if you don't why would you stop charging manually?

In the app you can schedule charging using departure time, so the car will make sure it's ready when you need it. I think at the end of the charging cycle BMS is balancing each cell, this is a long process but it should increase the lifespan of the Battery pack, in theory.

9 minutes ago, kucyk said:

Why would you unplug it btw? I guess if you need the car, go ahead, but if you don't why would you stop charging manually?

In the app you can schedule charging using departure time, so the car will make sure it's ready when you need it. I think at the end of the charging cycle BMS is balancing each cell, this is a long process but it should increase the lifespan of the battery pack, in theory.

Thanks for the info. It just seemed strange that it appeared 100% charged but continued to charge. I left it charging and then it stopped and turned off automatically which was good as I didn't know how it works, only the second time I've put it on the charger, thanks again.  

• Like 1

There is a long tapper time, whilst the app might say 99% or 100% there is a trickle charge level.  As has been said much of this relates to temperature of the Battery and ambient temperature.  I always use the option to let the system decided the start time of the charge for when I want to depart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ernieb said:

There is a long tapper time, whilst the app might say 99% or 100% there is a trickle charge level.  As has been said much of this relates to temperature of the battery and ambient temperature.  I always use the option to let the system decided the start time of the charge for when I want to depart.

Thanks, I will do that from now on. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links